Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What size CO2 cyliner needed to fill a bottle?

Dobby

CPPS Ref
Feb 14, 2010
Manchester
Hey,

I'm thinking of getting a CO2 cyliner for filling up my CO2 bottle at home. (20oz)
What size cylinder would I need to fill the bottle?

Thanks
(Inb4 'Get an air bottle')

halfbaked1969

Sep 2, 2010
hi,sorry to gatecrash your thread but im also looking to refill my own 20 oz using either air or co2"whichever is cheapest"but have seen many aadaptors which vary in price so much that i am now left unsure which ones are safe and which are not ideal.can someone maybe list what i would need to set up my own rig on a budget and if possible any links to equipment recomended,soz for my newbie question but its not easy to refill stuck out in the cornish sticks:D

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
DO NOT fill a Co2 bottle with HPA - nasty things will happen....

Best bet might be to get an HPA cylinder, plus dive bottle with fill rig. Corwall is not short of ive shops to fill your bottle ;)

halfbaked1969

Sep 2, 2010
its my fault as what i meant to say was that im not decided on co2 or air yet so was asking which was the cheapest way to go,but like me i ask a question in a round about way:D #kev;cheers for the heads up regarding air refilling,what are the main pros and cons between co2 and air when using your marker.what would be a realistic all in price if i were to buy a diving bottle and whatever parts needed compared to buying a large co2 plus all adaptors etc.sorry for the thousand questions:)

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
As said chap i'm asking what marker you are using as most elect markers won't use co2 as it freezes the electrics and knakers the orings

Co2 is cheap but... Depending on weather you need a expansion pipe/champer in your marker to stop marker freezing\throwing liquid out (if its a heat wave you don't need this which is never in the uk lol).

TBH just buy a steel £35 hpa 3000psi. When you get a regular paintball site they will alow you to fill for free even if you turn up on a punter day. Just don't abuse it as it affects us all

Sorry i'm drunk but thought i would help the best i can :D

Homewrecker

previously Tomtimus Prime
Aug 9, 2010
Manchester
You can use HPA in any gun but CO2 can only be used in mechanical markers (CO2 damages electronic markers) to my limited knowledge.

Also HPA is cheeper to get re-filled.