Not open for further replies.

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Originally posted by KillerOnion
Perhaps you don't grasp the situation.
And most of em never will until a bomb rips through there cities or a chemical agent kills their people...

Its sad what has to happen before people open their eyes and realize the seriousness of the situation at hand...

Mark/Static

Originally posted by crom-dubh
Afghanistan was a waste of time with no real gains made.
Your years of military experience tells you this? You think it's still a haven for terrorists now?

So now he wants a clear win. It just sickens me that he thinks he can do what he wants coz he is president of the USA. Talking about "going in" even if the Un and Nato doesnt sanction it is madness.
You might be comfortable with foreign countries telling when it's ok to defend yourselves, but we're not.

I heard some guys talking about pre emtive strikes. Does that mean the USA can attack anyone they see as a threat?
A preemptive strike simply means, attacking someone, before they could attack you. As for your question, yes, it does. The threat here is a possible nuclear, biological, or chemical attack. The UN and our former president failed to hold Iraq to their agreements and this is what we're left with.

If Bush wants to have a little war then by all means go ahead but dont try to drag others into it.
Bush, and 67% of our country, and 84% if the UN approves. As for dragging others into it, we were ready to go it alone.

Coz lets face it, it will be british troops on the ground not yanks.
How the hell do you figure that?

Micah

Originally posted by Mordhir
yanky troops will be there firing at anything that moves including british troops
Not to mention themselves. If memory serves, we lost more troops to 'friendly fire' then we did to Iraqi fire.

Originally posted by KillerOnion
Perhaps you don't grasp the situation. People will be dead if nothing is done. They will be killed in their homes, in airports, sporting events, whatever terrorists decide to hit, and likely many when it happens. What part of this has not reached home yet? Do they have to be in your city, possibly including you?
So better them than us, eh? What's the difference between us blowing them up and them blowing us up? Perception.

-Micah

Mark/Static

Originally posted by Micah
Not to mention themselves. If memory serves, we lost more troops to 'friendly fire' then we did to Iraqi fire.
Hard to believe you can't just go into game settings and disable fratricide like in Medal of Honor, huh?
So better them than us, eh?
You got it!
What's the difference between us blowing them up and them blowing us up? Perception.
Chronology.

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
I can't believe...

...we're still having this discussion. And I can't believe that someone intelligent enough to man a computer keyboard would be stupid enough to believe some of the ridiculous characterizations that have been thrown around this thread...you know who you are.

Bottom line: Neither you nor any other idiots out there are in any danger of being hit with a U.S. nuke...whether we like you, don't like you, agree with you, disagree with you, go to church with you, drive past your mosque on Sunday, or think your choice of bathroom color stinks.

ALL of us idiots are in danger of someone like Saddam dropping a nuke on our hometown(s) for these and many more reasons on all ends of the triviality spectrum.

If it will take THAT to happen before you wake up, then I vote you a pre-emptive Darwin award.

The man IS a serious threat to worldwide security, and once he acquires weopons of mass destruction the problem will take on an exponentially more dreadful persona which makes me shudder just to contemplate.

I think W's motivation is rooted in looking out for the best interests of his country (as a good President should), but in truth I don't give a flying f*ck WHAT W's motivation is...it's not even relevant to me because it DOES NOT CHANGE THE TRUTH OF THE SITUATION AS IT SITS IN FRONT OF US.

There are only two acceptable options: Keep weopons of mass destruction out of Saddam's hands, or wipe him off the planet like the sh!t he is.

~J~

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
what really scares me is

...all the people on this thread that cant see a threat whan its right in front of their faces...

People..Saddam Hussien in the last 11 years has thrown away $160 BILLION dollars in oil revenue by not following U.N. resolutions that could have lifted sanctions against his country ages ago..

Why would he do that you ask??And listen to this point very closely...Because he'd rather develop weapons of mass destruction than help his own people....

And now that he's decided to let weapons inspectors back in i hate to see what these posts will bring..Lets try to cut off the bull$hit with some facts...

1)the inspections will NOT be unconditional..The Arab league stated they will allow them on military installations..You'd have to be an idiot to think he would hide them there!!That means his presidential palaces and schools that they are buried under are off limits...

2)Weapons inspections are easy when the country under suspicion is agreeable with the situation..Hes made a career out of lying about them,hiding them,and having mobile labs that are easily moved...

3) if the inspections will be unconditional then the new resolution that my country wants drawn up should be no problem with the Iraqi government..This trump card Hussein has just played will come crashing down before the worlds eyes when he cant live up to them...

4)and all this crap about the U.N. not on the same page....Russia,China,and France have contracts with Iraq that would cost them Billions of dollars in loss with a war..Sometimes i believe that these countries believe in policy and not principal first...Im just glad my country is willing to go it alone....

Really i tried to stay away from the idiotic posts but they keep haunting me like a bad dream...Get a grip on reality people..Hes done it once and he will do it again..Next time it might just be 2 late

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I can't believe...

Originally posted by Justin Owen

Bottom line: Neither you nor any other idiots out there are in any danger of being hit with a U.S. nuke...whether we like you, don't like you, agree with you, disagree with you, go to church with you, drive past your mosque on Sunday, or think your choice of bathroom color stinks.
~J~
That's a relief! The color of my bathroom is quite hideous! :D

Seriously though, this thread is going nowhere. As with all political threads that have popped up on this forum, people disagree, and no amount of argumentation will change that. Let's knock this thread off, and get back to something far less deadly like paintball.

Status
Not open for further replies.