Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whitch teams to play the exl???

D

duffistuta

Game on.

1. If EXL is gonna be XBall seems like best bet--barring something like information--to prepare if given a chance is PSP.

>I'd argue that the best bet is training against EXL teams - they're going to be looking for non-EXL members to train against and that makes out a whole lot cheaper - and besides, training is training, tournaments ain't training.

2. self-respect
>What's that?

3. PL is untried and seems to lead nowhere
>Possibly, but placing top 4 of that would seem to me to be much more of a worthwhile investment for a sponsor. Plus, I imagine that many Euro sponsors want to see their teams showing their wares in Europe.

4. PL is not intended to serve player's interests but serve as alternative should EXL fail

>See above.

5. with division of events there are now fewer choices about where and when to play

>Yet still more than ever before

6. serious teams choose, whenever possible, serious competition

>That I accept, but I refer back to my opening gambit in the previous post

7. with no one to tell me what to do I get confused

>Me too.

8. if I'm paying for the privilege I rather be b*tchslapped than butt . . .

>That's not what I heard.

9. Top 4 of a second class league. Whoo-hoo!

Paying $10,000 to win 2 games from 8 - woo-hoo!

10. Is it any wonder that left in the dark I keep bumping into things?

Stevie, is that you? Play 'Superstitious' for us...

11. Robo and Nexus have already demonstrated it's a way to move forward and even if it's hard it's better than playing second fiddle in a pointless league

>IMO they had greater backing and a far stronger roster plus a hugely experienced coach whose training techniques and stubborness know few bounds. A weaker team, or a team with less strong leadership, could quite possibly have died post-HB. Who knows, given a second poor showing straight after they might have done...

12. what's your point?

>Just askin'

13. ain't gonna let the Man keep me down no mo' no mo'

>Fight the power

14. Yeah, like you guys ever mentioned our team except once or twice anyway.

>Ah, but win the PL and you will become instant stars...

15. Pays no never mind to dem young bucks, Massa Duffy. They's jus' all full o theyselves. We's mighty happy here on da Millennium plantation, sah.:p :p

>Excellent news, now go pick some more cotton.

:p

Seriously, I'm just an interested impartial observer who's interested to know what the motives are here.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Game on? This ain't no game.

Originally posted by duffistuta
1. If EXL is gonna be XBall seems like best bet--barring something like information--to prepare if given a chance is PSP.

>I'd argue that the best bet is training against EXL teams - they're going to be looking for non-EXL members to train against and that makes out a whole lot cheaper - and besides, training is training, tournaments ain't training.

2. self-respect
>What's that?

>Possibly, but placing top 4 of that would seem to me to be much more of a worthwhile investment for a sponsor. Plus, I imagine that many Euro sponsors want to see their teams showing their wares in Europe.

4. PL is not intended to serve player's interests but serve as alternative should EXL fail

>See above.

5. with division of events there are now fewer choices about where and when to play

6. serious teams choose, whenever possible, serious competition

>That I accept, but I refer back to my opening gambit in the previous post

7. with no one to tell me what to do I get confused

>Me too.

8. if I'm paying for the privilege I rather be b*tchslapped than butt . . .

>That's not what I heard.

Paying $10,000 to win 2 games from 8 - woo-hoo!

10. Is it any wonder that left in the dark I keep bumping into things?

Stevie, is that you? Play 'Superstitious' for us...

11. Robo and Nexus have already demonstrated it's a way to move forward and even if it's hard it's better than playing second fiddle in a pointless league

>IMO they had greater backing and a far stronger roster plus a hugely experienced coach whose training techniques and stubborness know few bounds. A weaker team, or a team with less strong leadership, could quite possibly have died post-HB. Who knows, given a second poor showing straight after they might have done...

12. what's your point?

>Just askin'

13. ain't gonna let the Man keep me down no mo' no mo'

>Fight the power

14. Yeah, like you guys ever mentioned our team except once or twice anyway.

>Ah, but win the PL and you will become instant stars...

15. Pays no never mind to dem young bucks, Massa Duffy. They's jus' all full o theyselves. We's mighty happy here on da Millennium plantation, sah.:p :p

>Excellent news, now go pick some more cotton.

:p

Seriously, I'm just an interested impartial observer who's interested to know what the motives are here.
The purpose of the list was to offer our English as a second language pals some assistance in expressing their fellings vis-a-vis the current Mil morass. Even so, I will respond to a couple of your more baseless retorts. :p :D
1--is a reasonable point but no practice is ever the same thing as competition. Nor is it an either or proposition. Still, if i'm reduced to playing in competition some format other than X why am I practicing X? Won't it hurt the team in the long run to mix my efforts?
2--precisement.
3 & 4--why? So sponsors can say to possible customers, you too might someday aspire to be near the top of the heap of the league that is unimportant?
5--actually, no they don't. PL will be at 5 events only. And if you're advocating they move down to Div 1 then you're only promoting sandbagging and SEE 2.
6--you expect me to look for some previous obscure post? Y'okay.
7--agreed.
8--in psychological parlance we call that projection.
9--at least get your formats correct. While you're at it correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your response the same one that is mercilessly mocked when used by teams to explain why they aren't moving up?
10--too subtle for you, I see
11-so better they should stagnate? survival of the fittest, baby
12--I smell a conspiracy
13--right on!
14--just like the big up's the last 10-man champs got. Who were they again?
15--But Massa Duffy, we's be growin' hemp dese days.

Sam

Jul 7, 2001
Game on.

Originally posted by duffistuta

>>I guess you still are thinking about only european Pro teams that dont have a place in EXL. Well there are now many amA teams having their options open. Besides teams here in europe that are still in the phase of improving and learning the game will get a lot by playing US events.

>> If PL is ment for the teams that don't play EXL then those teams dont have eitherway any such sponsor that would give a rats as about PL IMHO.

>> So?

>Paying $10,000 to win 2 games from 8 - woo-hoo!

>> If you are refering to loosing first two in Xball then you still get game time. Btw if wanted teams can do some quality training before the events.

>>Everyone here in europe knows how good US teams are.
BTW some european teams that played S7 got quite good results in my book.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Magnus HC
That´s the way it should have been now, a qualification tourney for the EXL 2004....

And your right i dont think that teams should "directly qualfy just because they attended one, two or maybe three tourneys over there." and didn´t support the MS last year.
It would have been better if the MS just pickt the teams they wanted in and no one could have a say about it.... (oh, wait thats what happend now)
I really hope that the teams selected can pull it off and make a great show of it!!!

PS. We are having a meeting this weekend about it all and it look´s like we are going overseas as well, and yes we can afford it.
Magnus, you are beginning to sound like an old woman in continuing to bitch and moan !!!
The remit for the EXL this year was to have the po 8 teams, this has been done, nobody disputes this.
The only area of contention lays outside of the points scored used in the World Rankings.
Shockwave have lost all but two of their players and have to virtually rebuild their team and u guys have strengthened your squad so on the face of it, you look to have the better team.
I would be the first to acknowledge this, no problem.
But you did not score enough points in 2003 and therefore did not get in.
If the MS had left Shockwave out and put you guys in, their case for entry would have been a lot stronger than yours is now, by a long way, remember that !!!!

As for you going Stateside just coz u r pissed off, good luck !
We'll see how many times u go !

Magnus HC

Sep 23, 2002
Sweden

Why are u talking about shockwaves spot?!?
But since your on the topic, this statement is not true then?

"What does everyone think about rosters for next year? Shockwave are "in" EXL, yet they only have 2 players from their squad last year??? Why should they get a place, based on their performance lst year when they have only 20% maximum of their 2003 roster..... aso"

Found on a swedish site and originally posted by a member of your team...

I don´t know what players they have and i´m not saying that any of the 8 teams dosen´t deserv a place in exl, i just think that the way the teams where choosen is fair....

M

Juho

Old fart
Oct 11, 2002
Finland
www.tuovila.net
Well, this situation concerns only like 10+ teams, the teams that planned on playing PRO this year and would've loved to play X-ball.

And to Robbo&Duff: Im quite sure that half of those teams concerned choose to play more in states (3-4 times) than in MS (1-2 times). Only interest for those teams to play MS is to have some points to keep their spot in the league for next season. And as you wanted the names, I would put my bet on: Cyclone, Powertrip, Hardcore, Malera, Storm and perhaps one team from Germany/France.

We don't mind, we just play division 1 in Millennium like we planned on doing. It's just that to prepare to the future we are playin 4 legs of X-ball training tournaments in Finland with the top teams. And we are taking one trip to states to play divisional X in the World cup.

What about the EXL players in the Mill tournaments which are not having the EXL? Are they allowed to play in any division in the other legs of MS? I mean Would it be possible, that for example Shockwave would split their squad and play PL with one team and div 1 with other? What about loaning players to div 1 from EXL? 'cause if thats allowed, then the competition is quite diffrent on the legs they have EXL compared to others!!!

...but even more than wanting to hear who is going to play in the stateside, I REALLY would like to hear is there ANY teams that are planning on playing Premier league???
Anyone?

Juho/Takeover

Godlike player

May 12, 2003
kent uk
Visit site
If the non EXL Pro teams decide to play Stateside, the weak dollar is gonna be a big help. We are currently getting $1.84 to the £ and rising :)
The Euro is also very strong against the $ at the moment, and the weak dollar isn't gonna go away overnight.
If you work out what it will cost European teams to play Milleniums, compared to very cheap flights to the U.S. & the above exchange rate, it'll probably be cheaper to go to the States and play.
So it may not just be idol threats, they will all have strong grounds for playing over there......