Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

who's best player in world?

rancid

Mother, is that you?
ok, I might reveal myself as being a right dik-head here, but... is there a world one-on-one championship out there?

If not, what chance do you think p8 may have in setting one up? ok aligned to a major championship, ie sandwiched in at some point, but could settle a few debates out there.

I'm sure p8 could put up a few grand to the winner.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
yeah Nick, I think you're right. But I wasn't looking for something that accurately recognised who was the best in the world, but something a little gladiatorial. You got to admit, two behemoths of paintball, one a back player, one up front meeting in the final, would be interesting, (you could also run a very good book).

Besides, it'd be about creating drama, characters and personalities; a bit of life struggle there in front of you.

I know what you mean about the schedules, but where there's a will.... And I think the reason that people shy away is cos they can't hide out there on their tod. They're under the spotlight, it's not their usual environment and anything could happen. Let's face it, Robbo can be taken down with a Splatmaster.... and I should know, cos I've done it enough times.

Get a few sponsors together, put some big prize money up and sandwhich it in somewhere. Nick, you'd enter.... wouldn't you?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
How's about tha Knoxville Indoor 1-on-1...didn't Robo come second a few years back? Is it stilll going on?

Peace
Now there's a story of judges that were ...how shall we put it ?....hmmmm.......... not quite straight ?.......yeah that'll do !!
I will add however, that is in no way taking anything away from the guy who went on to beat me in the final as he had no control and also no knowledge of what went down.....just thought I would get that bit straight !

Robbo :).......... (I still get pissed thinking about that)

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo

Now there's a story of judges that were ...how shall we put it ?....hmmmm.......... not quite straight ?.......yeah that'll do !!
I will add however, that is in no way taking anything away from the guy who went on to beat me in the final as he had no control and also no knowledge of what went down.....just thought I would get that bit straight !

Robbo :).......... (I still get pissed thinking about that)
Didn't the Preds get shafted at the World Cup a few years ago too? hmmmm.....me smells a link here with European players\teams beating the Americans in their own back yard........:(

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Tony

Didn't the Preds get shafted at the World Cup a few years ago too? hmmmm.....me smells a link here with European players\teams beating the Americans in their own back yard........:(
Yes they did, I didn't believe it when Marcus came back with the Preds and told me they had got cheated out of it.
At that time, myself and Marcus weren't exactly good friends, so I wasn't about to cut him any slack and basically just didn't believe him.
In fact, he was being truthful, the Preds had gotten thru to the final and were kept from taking their justified first place because two other captains (who shall remain nameless, so don't bother even asking) conspired to keep the Preds from taking the Title of World Champions.
The Preds were basically cheated into second place and thus depriving England and Europe of first place at the World Cup.
Before anybody starts to shout and holler that this may be bull****, I was told by one of the guys who did the conspiring when he admitted to me a few years after the event.
Marcus (capt of the Preds) and myself are now good friends and we can both put aside all the **** we used to indulge oursleves in.
I never did give them the credit they deserve when I was writing about them in the magazine at that time so perhaps this is an opportunity for me to put things right.
The Preds at that time were probably the best team in the world, of that there is no doubt and their legacy is huge.
As for the chicanery of the judges when I played my one on one final, well, that was nothing compared to what was done to the Preds.
Hope that puts the record straight !!!
Robbo

special K

Jul 13, 2001
TN
www.gr8p8nt.com
best player...

There's this kid from around Memphis, TN. He's so good it's frickin crazy. I heard all the pro teams were scouting him for 2002. His name is like Kyle Duck or somethin. This kid can straight up ball.