Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whos Playing The Pro Tour At Hg3

tiza5ive

MH3 lives on
Dec 4, 2001
Wales (Near Sheepville)
If we'd had a little more than 3 days notice we might have been a little more accomodating when told we were playing the Pro Tour... as we have only just found out I don't think we could be prepared in time to do it. Its a totally different format, how are we expected to play to our best when we've never even trained the format?

Syd informed me that no one is being forced to play Pro Tour , it's a team decision whether you play it or not ,

MH2 has decided that they did not want to play Pro Tour which Syd has accepted and will play HG3 tourny as originally planned.

I agree wholeheartedly with Smally , our biggest issue is the 5 min turn around time which i don't think we could manage even on a good day , we are a small team without the support crew that follow many teams around.

Good luck to all those who choose to play Pro Tour , and to all those who will play HG3 as originally planned.

mikeanywhere

Platinum Member
Originally posted by tiza5ive
I agree wholeheartedly with Smally , our biggest issue is the 5 min turn around time which i don't think we could manage even on a good day , we are a small team without the support crew that follow many teams around.

Tiza - thats a shame mate as was really looking forward to knocking heads with ya as always.

With regards to the members etc, all you need to do is ask. I am sure there will be players/pit crew available on the day to help.

Christ, if need be - we would even help ya :D

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by DOA Robbo
From speaking to syd yesterday he said that all the teams had been asked so i can only assume it hasn't filtered down to the players of each team yet!
Sorry to burst your bubble - but when Scutty phoned me, I told him to speak to Sheriff as I cannot speak for the team.

Then the list was published, and only AFTER Sheriff posted up about the Toga thing did he get a phone call.

Also, considering A.B is the captain of Quake, I'm thinking something similar has happened there too.

No-one has been "forced", but it does appear that we have all been "Volunteered"

Scutty, Sheriff says you have buy the Tigers drinks all weekend for being naughty ;)
Mine's a pint of Vodka, no ice:D

Giving the option? As far as I understood it from Scutty's phone call we all are playing the ProTour instead of HG3.

We have a similiar problem as MH2. It is a bit short noticed and my guys rather would not play the pro tour as we were going to use HG3 to try some new players.

So if there is the option we want to play HG3 and not the pro tour. At least that is the feed back from the team.

Cheers,

Oli

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
Just out of interest, how many 'matches' would the open pro tour play over the course of HG3?

If each match is the best of five, and say you play four matches, that leaves the potential of playing 20 games.

That's alot of paint to shoot!

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Well thats scutty's doing and not syds as all the teams he delt wiv like MH2 have pointed out have been given the option.

If you guys don't wanna play it don't ! simple really
It's not about if we want to play it - we got volunteered without being told details, at a time when it's running late to arrange extra paint.

Guys if you don't want to play it u need to be speaking to scutty and or syd no good posting it here as they may not see it till later!
But it's ok for Scutty to post up here without informing the captains first?

As I understand, Syd has agreed to make the Div1 of HG the Pro-tour format, but didn't think to inform the Captains of this decision?

Don't get me wrong - I wanna play ball. be it X-ball/7man/Pro-tour/Scenario/whatever
but I don't like being told about a major change in format with only a couple of days notice.

TBH, I expected more communication and professionalism from both of these (normally) first-rate promoters.

Originally posted by MrPink
It's not about if we want to play it - we got volunteered without being told details, at a time when it's running late to arrange extra paint.

But it's ok for Scutty to post up here without informing the captains first?

As I understand, Syd has agreed to make the Div1 of HG the Pro-tour format, but didn't think to inform the Captains of this decision?

Don't get me wrong - I wanna play ball. be it X-ball/7man/Pro-tour/Scenario/whatever
but I don't like being told about a major change in format with only a couple of days notice.

TBH, I expected more communication and professionalism from both of these (normally) first-rate promoters.
I can understand Scutty and what he tries to do. He wants to keep the Pro Tour at the event to promote the sport and the tour.

Yes, it was short noticed and it does cause some problems.

All I want to do is play. But I need time to organize and the team comes first.

Luv,

Oli

Mr Pink...looks like we meet again....Beer is on you!!!!!!!