Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whos Playing The Pro Tour At Hg3

Originally posted by MrPink
But it's ok for Scutty to post up here without informing the captains first?
No it's not right at all.

Originally posted by MrPink

As I understand, Syd has agreed to make the Div1 of HG the Pro-tour format, but didn't think to inform the Captains of this decision?
No thats bull syd isn't making anyone play Pro tour (see MH2) he simply offered it as a solution to keep the pro tour going! Obviously syd said he would ask some of the teams and scutty the others! When i spoke to him yesterday he was still waitin for answers from Tsunami and MH2 (the latter saying no).

Like i said i agree that it's short notice and that it seems it hasn't been handled particularly well but to say any of that is syds fault is poo

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Ease back there a minute Robbo, I like Syd and the Tigers Am enjoy his events every year - but at the end of the day, there has been no official word from the Tournament Organiser (Syd), all we've had is Scutty posting up that we are playing the Pro-Tour before we were asked.

Now I also appreciate that Syd is currently busy setting up HG3 (which we are all looking forward to playing btw, having Reffed it last year), but surely a quick message to confirm EXACTLY what is going on and who is playing what format wouldn't be out of order? As Event Organiser, that falls into one of his areas of responsibility - no?

At the end of the day, as I posted up before, I just wanna play ball and Syd's events are always good, it's just a shame that the run-up to this event has been marred by poor communication.

I spoke to syd 5 mins ago and he was up a scaffolding tower so not really in a position to post up info.

The thing your missing is that scutty runs the pro tour so it's down to him to organise !

All the teams should have been given the option if they weren't then thats wrong!

Scutty should have made sure all the teams had been contacted and were happy b4 posting the list simple really!

Syd is aware of the situation and he will try and sort it (although they r extremly busy) The other idea would be to contact scutty about it as he is actually runnin the pro tour

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Robbo,

We're going round in circles here - I am fully aware that Scutty is organising the Pro-Tour - which is being held at HG3, and that Syd is organising HG3.

The point is - we entered HG3, not the Open Pro-Tour section (we have no real desire to play yet another format this season as we are focused on our European 7man events).

We are then informed by a post on here that we are entered in the Pro-tour.

I know Syd is busy, but if he could have taken 5minutes last night to post up what is happening then most of the confusion could have been avoided.

This is NOT an attack on Syd, this is an attempt to clarify what exactly is happening as there has STILL not been any word from Syd or one of the organisation team of HG3 (the event we entered).

I hope I am making myself clear :) otherwise we'll just have to discuss this tomorrow night over a vat of beer;) :p

Peace

Aslong as your buyin buddy;)

I hear what your saying bud i have spoke to syd briefly and he is aware and will do his best to sort it!

I don't know for defo so i can only assume that he left scutty to Deal with confirming the teams etc while he continued in the setup! Like i said i know he was speaking to Tsunami and MH2 personally and they were given the option like everyone should have been !

Hey if u guys all drop out DOA win my default :D

apologies for all the confusion.

first up, sorry if this is written badly, i am on site and posting this from my phone.
i have read this thread back and can understand where i may have cause some confusion. syd and i were trying to find a simple solution to the issues i had with the pro-tour open, an event attached but seperate from hg3. we decide to approach the div1 teams to see if they would like to help us out and play the new pro-tour format rather than the standard hg format. changes were made to the format to aliviate the paint usage issues. syd and i devided up the 8 teams we needed to speak to and started calling. the position we were in was put to the captains and the options were made clear. with the exception of the tigers whose captain i didn't call untill later yesterday. all captains agreed except mh2 who opted to play regular hg3. however i did make the mistake of calling kitch rather than ab from quake. my bad as i thought kitch ran the team.
i did post the list early before speaking to tigers and i am sorry for confusion that might have caused.
hg3 is shaping up to be a wonderful weekend an i will do all i can to give the teams playing pro-tour format an extra special time to make up for the confusion.
my bad!

apologies for all the confusion.

first up, sorry if this is written badly, i am on site and posting this from my phone.
i have read this thread back and can understand where i may have cause some confusion. syd and i were trying to find a simple solution to the issues i had with the pro-tour open, an event attached but seperate from hg3. we decide to approach the div1 teams to see if they would like to help us out and play the new pro-tour format rather than the standard hg format. changes were made to the format to aliviate the paint usage issues. syd and i devided up the 8 teams we needed to speak to and started calling. the position we were in was put to the captains and the options were made clear. with the exception of the tigers whose captain i didn't call untill later yesterday. all captains agreed except mh2 who opted to play regular hg3. however i did make the mistake of calling kitch rather than ab from quake. my bad as i thought kitch ran the team.
i did post the list early before speaking to tigers and i am sorry for confusion that might have caused.
hg3 is shaping up to be a wonderful weekend an i will do all i can to give the teams playing pro-tour format an extra special time to make up for the confusion.
my bad!

SHERIFF

LT-KILLER #O6
Jul 22, 2002
ESSEX
WWW.LTPAINTBALL.COM
if any team is haveing problems with pit crew im sure the rest of the teams will muck in and help each other out (we have 17 players going so one hell of a good pit crew:D )
We can sort out any other problems at the captains meating :D

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
All becomes clear!! (well a little less murky anyway)

Thanks for putting the post up Scutty, I can now see where the confused came from regarding Quake... a bit of in team communication might have helped that too but **** happens.

I know the rest of the team are/were having a meeting tonight about whether to play the Pro Tour or not so I should find out soonish :)

See you all on Saturday guys and girls! :)

Mr S.