Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why can't we? or don't we want too?

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Because of that, one has to ask whether it's worth it or whether we should be pursuing a more all-encompassing solution
Ok fair enough, so now i ask exactly what are our problems.
If we set our supposed 15bps limit, does it matter how that's attained? "To ramp or not to ramp"?
Then once that is sorted is Velocity our only other problem?
Or is there anything else that needs sorting..........apart from world peace and homes for abandoned puppies?

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
- IMO firing modes are critcal to safety - even if you allow PSP ramping, any other mode that can discharge multiple shots if a gun is dropped is dangerous. If it takes multiple closely spaced trigger pulls to start FA/ramping, then that's ok in my book; if it goes FA on the first pull then that's bad.

- Velocity ramping is bad, although it's not clear how prevalent this is/will be in the future. Catching it at a chrono station is easy, but needs a different style of chrono to the radar type currently used; catching it on field is a whole different kettle of fish.

- If you want to enforce semi only, then good luck to you, but a BPS counter won't do anything for that; in fact a hard 15bps cap makes it rather easier for some enhanced modes to go unnoticed. That's why I support ramping right now - semi would be nice, but a level playing field is more important.

A properly enforceable BPS cap is a good start, of course, but it's not going to be the end of gun cheats. My question is whether enforcing one specific aspect of gun rules is worth the hassle and expense.

Let's say a clip-on device costs £10 per unit; a typical Millennium will need about 100 at the start of the year, and maybe another 25 per tournament to replace the ones that go "missing". That's £2000 for the season. Then think how long it takes to attach these devices as a team enters the field; and how long it takes to check and remove them after the game. If you want to streamline the operation you can do this while another game is happening, but it means buying twice as many in the first place.

Worth it? That's a question for the leagues.