Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do they still allow those staining paints?

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
i can't remember what team we played but a team mate took a shot on the goggle lenses and it has stained his lenses pink. he was pissed off as he is a student like the rest of the team and he can not afford to replace his lenses every tournament when he gits hit with staining paint.

Mark/Static

Originally posted by markh
just thought, what would that kind of paint do to your eye if a fleck from your clothing or whereever got into your eye...
Funny you should mention that, well maybe not that funny.

While getting ready for our semifinal game against Warped Kids in LA 2001, I was having a problem with my gun. The Co-captain of the team wanted to look at it. It was an electro gun called an Excalibur made by a company in Indiana called AKA, but it's very similar to a cocker in that you can remove the bolt and push a swab all the way through the upper tube.
Anyways, I handed him the gun minus the bolt, but with a full hopper. He switched the gun on and before I could say that the bolt was out he pulled the trigger. With no bolt in the upper tube there is nothing to direct the air flow, so if the ball is behind the air transfer hole chances are it will shoot out the back of the gun, and this it did.
The ball, yellow Evil or Brightglow, impacted mostly on the bridge of his nose, but deflected into his eye with considerable speed. The opthmologist was able to neutralize the paint with an eyewashing solution, but the real damage as you can imagine was caused by the shell, he came really close to losing his sight in that eye, but thankfully he fully recovered.
It was my impression that while the paint isn't good for your eyes, my friend will tell you it burned pretty f-ing bad, it's not any worse than many substances we encounter in everyday life.

Manning26

If it makes anyone feel better, it's apparently alright to pour Marballizer into your eye, as I've had a decent amount in mine before. At practice, a few months back, my brother ripped me as I moved to the center fifty on our local hyperball field. As I stood up to leave the field I was looking at the ground in a dejected manner, when he gave me a couple more in the head. Well, two slid between my forehead and goggles, and promptly sprayed the inside of my mask. Fortunuately for me the shells split before fully entering my gogs, and since I was wincing in pain, my eyes were already shut, therefore protecting my sight. Anyhow, no burning of the eyes, but I had two killer skid marks above my eyebrows where the shots slid across.

There you go, that's my story for the day... you're welcome.

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
I know of a person (not in my team), he was playing with his live but unloaded marker, at home ,on the sofa, aiming at the TV, cat, wife etc. He then decided to put on a barrel somebody had lent him, pulled the trigger and shot his wife in the face at close range… A ball was jammed in the barrel. Wife was unhurt, husband was in deep deep deep ****.:D

morale of the story, well you know.

Anyway, there are evil fills out there that dont wash out easily One Pro team shot my JT goggle lens resulting in a permenant stain on my tinted lens, obviously some chemical reaction took place there. I binned the lens as I wasnt sure how safe the lens was.