Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do we have such big balls?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Didn't Tippman or somebody release a marker last year that shot smaller caliber paintballs ,plus the ammo to go with it.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
The old Skirmish sites used to use the old .62 calibre paintballs back in the early 90's if i remember correctly

Plus i've been shot with the old .62 calibre paintballs from "back in the day" and i can vividly remember it hurt like hell:eek: due to the smaller size

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Yeah that was the debate: unless you reduced the mass it would get increasingly painful/dangerous to use the smaller paintballs, but if you reduced the mass you also defied the point of doing it in the first place. Unless you could make very fragile shells it be pretty pointless. What WOULD be cool would be if you could make a fill that was solid in flight but became liquid when energy was exerted on it (like the opposite of that custard powder stuff in stab vests). Can't see that happening any time soon though

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Problem with that is when your marker cycles - excerting force on the paintball - It would turn to liquid too. messy.

Surely due to the way a marker is specifically gentle when firing the paintball it would stay a solid no ?.

I imagine it would be prohibitivly expensive though.