Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why does NCPA X-ball look better than NXL X-ball?

richardh

Apr 3, 2003
Visit site
Check out our trailer, do you think it looks better than the NXL's?

NCPA Nationals Trailer

Did i mention we didn't have to buy our airtime? or that the network paid us for our show? I think the NCPA is moving closer to Major League status.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Maybe, but let's look at what they managed to squeeze into 60 seconds that didn't make the NXL show:

- An out of industry sponsor
- Nipples
- Overhead angles
- Nipples
- Teams people have heard of
- Nipples
- Somebody actually saying why paintball is important
- See Item #2
- Absolutely no announcers saying "OOOOH!"

The really cool part about that trailer is in 60 seconds you could probably convince anyone that paintball is a real sport. That interview segment with the kid who says paintball is his life is great. Even my mother would probably get it.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
and that is only the College paintball league/championship.

why could something like that not be organised in the uk??

we have enough universities and othery tertiary education centers, we have enough fields spread across the country, and the people who play at college are realistically the right age to be th next generation of pro players.

is it something that they could claim college funding for???

SteveD

Getting Up Again
a few comments of mine own:

Duke Hillinger of Adrenaline TV was involved with the taping: his original foray into paintball presentations was my PaintFest event in 2000; he and his crew do an excellent job, AND they have editing staff that knows an A roll from a B roll. What his position/involvement with the College thing was beyond holding a camera I don't know.

Duke has also partnered in some fashion with Milt Call and his UAL - but whether its coincidence or a master plan, I have no idea.

The college x-ball field had no X. Now, whether that was due to NXL saying 'no X on the field' or because someone who knows cameras (Duke?) said 'get that monstrous friggin camera-blocker out of the middle of my field!' I don't know, but if you study that tape, you'll notice that it makes BIG whackin difference to coverage of the field. Need I say 'told you so?'

Its extremely unfortunate that CSTV is 'subscription only' so-called premium channel, as I doubt that very many folks are going to fork over the monthly package fee to add it to their subscription just to get this event, along with women's field hockey, competition basket-weaving and Full Contact Debating - but you never know. (I see your point sir, and now I shall poke you in the eye by way of rebuttal...)

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Duke is the producer of the WGN show.

The X is dumb. Even the NXL calls their show "The Paintball Championships" or whatever, not "The Xball Championships". So if the audince is watching paintball, the audience is going to wonder why there's a big X in the middle of the field for no reason.

It does look like there were at least a couple of bunkers in the trailer that were very, very large. You can see one of the Florida players run through them and the guy in the blue and yellow blowing a bunker move on an Illinois player hiding behind them.