Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why does NCPA X-ball look better than NXL X-ball?

Originally posted by Flash-Bugout
If only that were true. I don't know the figures for this year, but back when I was club president in 2000, the union budget for ALL clubs AND societies was £22,500ish - and they really weren't interested in the paintball club enough to give over almost a quarter of the budget. I can just about recall being absolutely over the moon at an increase over the previous year of about £150 to take the budget up to about £800ish.

Like I said, I don't know what this years budget is, but I'm damn sure if it was £5k (about $9000 to our cousins over the water) the club and team wouldn't have slid into virtual non-existence this year.
From what ive heard Portsmouth get enough funding to go play two milleniums for free. They don't have much for a existance because they blow their budget on only two event (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Just what i'd heard

Originally posted by richardh

Steve, are you saying that your uni club gets 1250 pounds for paintball a year? If I interpreted that correctly you paintball club is better funded than 90-95% of the NCPA clubs. i would say less than 5 or 6 NCPA clubs recieve more than that in the american equivalent.
We do get about that...but we have a 200strong club. Most of our members (nearly all) are just interested rec ball and the subsady has to be shared with that part of the club.

Also remember it's ahell of alot more expencive to play in the UK.

-EDD