Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why no 06 Ego Support.......

Tremor

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2007
Just wondering why its not possible too flash an 06 ego upto the new 08 rules and the 6 bps ramp kick in.
Tried too get it done at campaign and got told its not possible..?

Seems a bit strange too me that the flashing cant be compatible with a model only made 2 years ago?

Seeing as its not "possible" is there any other way round this? apart from a new tadao board which is worth half the price of the gun?

Tremor

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2007
yep.

That only changes your max ROF

The new 08 rules say your first 3 shots should be semi auto (there not on the stock ego board)

and the ramping is allowed too kick in at 6bps now. ( 7.5 on the ego)

Felt a bit cheated when they said they "cant" flash 06 ego's.....

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
i think there is a way i have had a tech guy set mine up so that the kick in is 7.5

Tremor

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2007
The ramping default is 7.5

Milennium legal is 6. so playing at 7.5 is a slight disadvantage.

Also i dont think that the first 3 shots are semi..

blebit

May 25, 2003
London
Visit site
I thought the first 3 shots in Ramp 3 are semi only already. I bet it's just modified PSP code which required the 3 semi shots.

The 7.5 bps start is not ideal but at least still legal.

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Just wondering why its not possible too flash an 06 ego upto the new 08 rules and the 6 bps ramp kick in.
Tried too get it done at campaign and got told its not possible..?

Seems a bit strange too me that the flashing cant be compatible with a model only made 2 years ago?

Seeing as its not "possible" is there any other way round this? apart from a new tadao board which is worth half the price of the gun?
There is already a very clearly outlined method to make your marker Millennium Compliant as outlined here:
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/...d.php?p=991723

We chose to give Ego 7 and 8 owners a new preset via a firmware upgrade; supporting markers that are still deemed under warranty.

Nicky T

Tremor

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2007
I have seen that thread before and it has been linked before.

Doesnt have any options on the 06 too change the ramp kick in value.

i know the gun is still milennium legal but its a bit of a disadvantage over others, and where every ball counts id rather have the advantage than disadvantage. :)

Just felt a bit cheated.