Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why no compo's in the North East

TacticalMayhem

Jul 16, 2003
Some where close to your hart
wow and i fought i was unfortunate ....

well from a Unemployed (im now working BTW but a frend of mine, if i may still call him that isnt) this is not a cheap sport yet when the bug bites as it do's big time. a little like becoming obsessed. Yet its a cool sport but well out of the hands of many people i realy know and the only thing holding people back is money and a under standing wife lol.

allso another thing about this sport is if people would like it to be more popular with the masses is if the sport became cheeper and this may start from the grass routes of the owner of the game sites and the producers of the materls e.g guns and clothing.

what i mean if to buy 2000 paint balls at most sites it is going to cost you in the access of £120 wich we all know is totaly over priced. What could get more poeple into the sport would be realistic priceing e.g £60 a box of 2000 paint balls allso the well over priced clothing as in a dye top costing up wards of £45+.

The markers them selfs will become more cheeper the more poeple that buy them so this isnt a suppriseing result.

my real point of view is this is a real fantastic sport with lots of potencil and lots of goals yet what is holding it back is not TV and more advertiseing but Money. If i personly owned a "site" i would make it for the masses not for the few and would make it as afordable as possable for all to play with offering of real team disconts and saveings. As so to make the sport more welcme to new members and help grow the sport not just use it as a money makeing adventure.

BTW ive had 12 stellas by now and still drinking more. havent hit the wisky yet but will do in a moement.

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by TacticalMayhem
what i mean if to buy 2000 paint balls at most sites it is going to cost you in the access of £120 wich we all know is totaly over priced. What could get more poeple into the sport would be realistic priceing e.g £60 a box of 2000 paint balls allso the well over priced clothing as in a dye top costing up wards of £45+.
99% of sites would close down if the price was that low
the sites that i know off charge £120, and only make maybe £400 a day profit or less

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
I agree that if we are to get more people interested in Paintball from the likes of Joe Public, then it does need to be cheap, but then again the site owners have there own expenses and theres always things like wages and site insurance! to think about :)

A site can only get costomers through word of mouth and through advertising, now one cost money and the other is built up over along time, so when customers are on a paintball site a site owner wants to get as much money out of the customers while making sure the customer thinks they have had a good deal for shooting at there mates al day.

Ohh and about traveling, give people lifts and get them to give you something towards fuel, that way your car bill will be lowered £30 or so per a person :eek:), and since I don't drive I dont mind giving my team capt or another team member some money to drive me to an event since otherwise I wont'nt be able to get to them :)

TacticalMayhem

Jul 16, 2003
yip but if the there was a compo in the north east would you like to pay a fuel bill of only £5 insted of £30 :) .......

Still at the end of the day joining twos posts here it musent be all that hard for people with the right connections and the money to be able to blow this down to yes we can do it and yes i will take that chance.

Dont forget im now get realy pisied out of my prains here
!!!!! Just started on the wisky provieded by a very nice customer of mine for saveing his bissnes to night lol..... god i love pcs

Graham-DV8

Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
People will most of the time want someone else to take that risk, unless the person taking the risk knows that there going to get something out of it.

I know the guys a 6E (in the north east:)), have tried moving the sport forward in serval ways from there Uni Tourny back in Oct, to them making a UK only Paintball mag (PBUK) and then of course theres there PA Cup, which is going to be BIG in the future.

But apart from those folks, I think everyone else in the north east would just prefere to watch what the 6E guys are doing and take notes for future use....

TacticalMayhem

Jul 16, 2003
Yip but with my caluctaions its not that much only moeny. With the correct connections and the correct application of manner ( bunker mokey this may go over you) it can be done and allso with some smart and obtrusive adverstiseng you would be suppried.

May be we will see something in the future up noth and i dont see why not. I personly think if you get the right sort of advertiseing and the correct placemnt of the venu and enough people who are will to set up trade stands then your going to be a hit. allso some nice prizes help as well..

Dam im in the incroct bissness i can tell you ??????

Graham-DV8

Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Originally posted by TacticalMayhem
May be we will see something in the future up noth
Dude there are tounry just down the road from you, the PA Cup is only like 45min from you and would not cost an arm and a leg to get too, also some of the Series events arn't that far away.

*edit*

All you have said above was done by the 6E crew with there PA Cup, which I beleve will become some form of series next year :) and its only down the road ;)

welshy

DV8
Apr 15, 2002
Darlington, co.durham,
groups.msn.com
if you was to run a site would you give the punters a free day and lose money (don`t think so)
its the same as any business your there to make money
they could charge £200 a box and people will still buy it
its a business and the owners of every site are there to make money
all be it for me to say but your on about tourney`s so why go down the road about sites and rec days
you will always have people wanting to play tourney`s and join a team then they will get to play ball at a cheaper rate
the same as with rec ballers they will always pay the same
its what they are used to and know what the prices are.

playing ball is all about travelling like it or lump it you have to do it you wanna play then you have to travell
just the same as if you wanted to support your local footie team you have to travell to the away games

Yip but with my caluctaions its not that much only moeny. With the correct connections and the correct application of manner ( bunker mokey this may go over you) it can be done and allso with some smart and obtrusive adverstiseng you would be suppried.
you can go on about connections but it ain`t gonna make the blindest differance
its a business
and you have to pay what the site wants otherwise they dropped the prices they go out of business simple as that and if they close where do you get to play,train at??

try travelling from scotland for every event then. there are 2 teams up here that play tournies. the round trip is normally about 600 miles
and its verry well appreciated m8
its good to see the scottish contingent at the events:)