Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woods ball or speed ball?

mutley

scaba frashin mnnnn
Oct 29, 2003
lurking around surrey
Visit site
chill chaps you cant say that woods is better than sup air or vice versa, learn to comunicate as a team in a enviroment that is more ramdom than a sup air field describing whats ahead and were the oppersition is and what you need a team mate to do, and your laughing. also it teaches you look and work out whats happening ,

last year i got stung by the bloke hiding in the bush trick and not by a newbie but by a old skool woods player .
i aproach the oppersition flag station looked at the obviouse cover coulndt see any one went for the flag reached up had the flag in my fingers whilst it was hanging from a tree . i had it in my hand at this point anmd was lit up like a christmas tree. by a bloke hiding in the bush off center and to the side of teh flag. had i come round teh side like i had planed to do then i would have seen him and i`ve seen a simular thing done in a tourney the blocke going for a flag geting the flag in his hand and being lit up by the guy in the corner bunker on the other side of teh field. differant field same senario is the point i`m trying to make.

whilst sup air is more spectator friendly woods is far more random and skill shines through in dealing with that randomness.
yes luck has a bit to do with it but it does in all games.

for example i`m playing a sup air field with a laying down x as the center bunker at the same time as me this other bloke pops up from behind the bunker he`s aiming at y team mate and my marker is pointing at him now i`ve only just reloaded and havnt fired a ball since the reload, it dont get much sweeter than this i`m think pull trigger and nothing he`s seen me at this point and disapeared.paint is flying all over head at this point, nowwhare to go to get cover, quick check marker is ok, has air, **** hopper is to full and has jammed open hopper scoop some balls out , next move is launch my self and be elseware as theis bloke knows i`m here and i`ve just recieved a mugging 2 shots to the back i`m taking a walk .

i find myself happy on both types of field

KIA

dude, this isn't a 'run down of what happened at last weekend's tourny' thread... your point about the two styles being incomparable is valid in my opinion however. But I must say, whatever happens during a woods game, a tournament match gives me the biggest rush.

And thats all I wanted to say really. :)

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Ok so we agree skill abounds..
I propably read tooooo much into what KIA said:eek:
Wouldn't means you have a choice/Couldn't implies you are unable for some reason.
Me politicaly correct:confused: All was really addressing was the fact that you said you preferred s/b and so s/b players were more skillfull,and you would beat me everytime we played whatever we played:rolleyes: .

tiffer

May 31, 2005
Visit site
Kia reading what we've both written we are in fact losing eachother.
Political correctness?
I originally replied because of what you said concerning skills,then you added that you could only play on a certain type of field;I'm sure you meant would.. I just couldn't ignore it.
Can you see what I mean?
The original question was which do you prefer,so you prefer S/B fair enough, but I don't think it was an invite to belittle the skills of non S/B players..I could've ignored it,but it made for a lively disscussion:D
Did you really mean monkey?Did I pick up on all your metaphores?
If you dislike marshalling so much why do it?
Watching newbies/punters is great they are so entertaining.
If you go out with a positive attitude you will do your best whatever you do;when I play I always have a great time,the type of fields wouldn't stop that .
I don't do tournies,but I enjoy every day I play,maybe we'll meet sometime and I'm sure we will have a good day:D
Re-read what we have both written and see what were both saying,try not to be biased,and enjoy the game:D

KIA

I hope I do not come across as biased.

What I am trying to say is that I prefer speed over woods, we have extablished this. Also, I was not saying that those who dont play speed are rubbish, what I'm saying is that as I marshal games for the general public, more often than not, it will be the first time for the vast majority of these people, and whilst watching these games might be entertaining for some, looking after them, ensuring that their kit works properly or that they dont get too hurt, or making sure they obey the saftey rules every weekend does get tedious for me.

But why do I stick to it? For the money! As a mere Uni student, the money for me is the best I can get per hour than most other jobs. Plus the field owner sponsors my team with cheap paint and free training grounds. Its every paintballing teens' dream job.

So there it is, my last word on this subject dudes, its been a far too serious convo...I love speedball, and would prefer playing that for the rest of my days rather than woods. The end.:rolleyes:

tiffer

May 31, 2005
Visit site
Ok m8 agreed,don't take it too serious;I just picked up the biased thread because of your way of explaining your dislike of woodsball and skills ok.
At least we can have an open disscussion,I never intended to insult ok:D
Finito::p

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Supair for me all the way, no way I will ever play in the woods again, Ever!
Yeah it used to be fun when I knew nothing more than that but watching you guys crawling through knee deep mud and falling into holes full of dirty water at the Big Game reminded me Just how good Sup' Air is :D

Im for supair because:
  • I like how fast it is.
  • it could be a proper proper spectator sport if we really tried, but it would be really hard to make wood ball into a spectator sport.
  • No camo in supair ;)
  • I like the fact you dont need to watch your feet when you run (cause if you didnt in the woods you'd fall and skewer yourself)
  • I like the atmoshphere at supair tourneys

And I like the professionalism at supair tourneys: I like the shirts, the sponsorship, & the bling gats which you dont get to the same extent in the woods.

Im not dissing woods ok? Not dissing wood players, not saying anything about skills because some people come straight out of wood into tourneys and do quite well, just woods isnt for me

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
however in the woods there was never the amount of political crap that you get in tourney ball now :rolleyes: