Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Working Pressure of an Evo

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Does anybody know what the WGP front reg should be set to?

I've just (finally - only taken two years) put my reg to a pressure tester, and it's reading 450 - I thought Evo's were supposed to be lower pressure than that? :confused:

Anyways......

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
I'm not shore what the exact opperating presur is on an evo cocker, but I do have something for you. I'm guessing that this is your cocker with the Race grip on it.

If so I don't think that you want to get the pressure as low as posible. 250 psi works fine for 6-8 bps but when you try and double the bps at stay at the same presur you will run into recharge problems and velocity dropoff.

I run my low presure body sandridge at around 400 psi, if I try to go much lower then that I get velocity dropoff.

Just somthing to think about. And remember even at 450 your still shooting a lower persur then any angel out there on the field!

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
Good Call

Yup, it's the race evo (can't afford two evo's just yet! ;) )

I've just been looking around the Racegun forum for advice on blowback and setting the best dwell time, and there's a whole heap of stuff about ultra low pressure causing probs. As it rocks right now, I'll stick to where it is.

Cheers jynx.

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Originally posted by jynxfactor

Just somthing to think about. And remember even at 450 your still shooting a lower persur then any angel out there on the field!

Errr.....correct me if I'm wrong, but don't stock angels operate with an input pressure between 350-450????:confused:

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
you should be fine running at 250-275, see if you can go lower. if i remember correctly i had a go of your racegun at the indoor?

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Tony: I have to say that I'm not the most versed person when it comes to angels, but I thought that a guy at my field ran his at 600 so it was just a guess. Sorry if I was spreading bad info.

Walker: Good for them if they had one working well at that pressur. I've heard that the HALF BLOCK that race makes can run as low as 180, but the typical cocker can't, and this means that the typical cocker with race can't eather. So unless people are willing to drill out the bodies of there cockers and by the "special" high volume front blocks, and use twice the the majority of us will have to run with what we have.

Flash: Good choice. If you have the race set up well the benifets of going to a lower pressur would be pretty small. (unless you consider using more air a good thing)

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
????????????????

Not sure how to answer that one but here goes. I just ment that 250-275 is probably an exception. Flash will agree with me that the majority of people that use E-Cockers (Race, Sandridge, Hyper fram, ect) have run into problems when trying to use super low pressures. The valve won't recharge fast enough to close all the way and can make the gun "fart", not recock, and have velocity dropoff.

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
if i remember correctly i had a go of your racegun at the indoor?
unless there was another blue evo with a shiny grip around ;)

I apologise for not being V/ talkative then, I'd just come off a shizznitter of a game, and was rather annoyed. That and I was a student out of bed before 3 on a Sunday :D

I wanted to ask, what did you think of it?

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Flash I've got a question about your race. What is the max bps that you can get under real world conditions. (with paint) I've looked at the race forums and it seems like the best they can do is around 9.5 bps. Is this true?