Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Working Pressure of an Evo

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
The input pressure for a cocker depends on several things that being the valve, the springs and size of air chamber.

You input pressure is supposed to be set at the point of optimal air pressure so balancing the springs. In other words using the rear velocity adjuster set it to roughly half way in, now turn your Inline reg completely down slow turn it up firing over a chrono.

You will reach a point when your velocity won't go any higher and if you turn the inline higher it the velocity will start to drop. You need to set the Inline at this peak. Then use the rear velocity adjuster to set fine tune the FPS.

This will ensure your cocker is running as gas efficiently and lowest pressure possible for the spring and valve setup.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by steve_e
The input pressure for a cocker depends on several things that being the valve, the springs and size of air chamber.

You input pressure is supposed to be set at the point of optimal air pressure so balancing the springs. In other words using the rear velocity adjuster set it to roughly half way in, now turn your Inline reg completely down slow turn it up firing over a chrono.

You will reach a point when your velocity won't go any higher and if you turn the inline higher it the velocity will start to drop. You need to set the Inline at this peak. Then use the rear velocity adjuster to set fine tune the FPS.

This will ensure your cocker is running as gas efficiently and lowest pressure possible for the spring and valve setup.
Dude, you just saved me a LONG @rsed post to explain to these people how to set up a cocker properly.

There is no one ideal pressure people as it varies for soooooo many different reasons so completely ignore anyone who says - set you reg at XXXpsi.

Do as Steve says.

BTW - the reason why the velocity drops off when you turn the reg up past a certain point is that the input pressure is stronger than the returning Valve spring so it prematurely shuts the valve off.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Originally posted by jynxfactor
????????????????

Not sure how to answer that one but here goes. I just ment that 250-275 is probably an exception. Flash will agree with me that the majority of people that use E-Cockers (Race, Sandridge, Hyper fram, ect) have run into problems when trying to use super low pressures. The valve won't recharge fast enough to close all the way and can make the gun "fart", not recock, and have velocity dropoff.
I aint got an e-cocker, ive just got normal proper evolution!

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Originally posted by Flash-Bugout
I wanted to ask, what did you think of it?
If i had a spare 450 going about, i would cinsider it, i think i would wait to see if they came out with more reliable ones, the center flag one is nice, had a go of that at campaignm v fast and no huge mess out the front!

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Originally posted by jynxfactor
Flash I've got a question about your race. What is the max bps that you can get under real world conditions. (with paint) I've looked at the race forums and it seems like the best they can do is around 9.5 bps. Is this true?
Real world conditions, I've currently got mine set to bang on 10, but at this rate of fire I don't get ANY chops at all (even with a half-knackered Revvy). I was running it at 11, and getting a chop every couple of games, so I just gave it an extra 10ms for the load time (time the bolt stays open) and no probs now.

That's on a standard evo. With a couple of mods, I should be able to go a bit higher - things like Delrin bolt, palmers quickram, and a polycarbonate back block.

In all honesty, having had mine set (for testing purposes only, in my house not at a field ;) ) to full auto, the difference between 10 bps and 13 is barely noticable. And to be honest, with the no sweet-spottable trigger rules coming into effect all these toys which can do upwards of 20 a second will have no benefit - after all, the human finger can only do so many twitches per second.

In all honesty, a properly set up blade frame can do the same bps, but with the race-frame you get the benefits of not getting tired fingers, and in theory at least, the lighter trigger pull means your aim should stay more constant. In theory. :D