Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wouldn't this p*ss you off

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
So you've had to split the squad you've spent all season working with to keep all your options open, but after a small hiccup first day it all starts to fall in to place. You beat one of the most improved teams in the first playoff (cheers to all the guys from Stockholm Ignition:D )
Then you go on to play the team you've struggled to beat all season. It's a nip and tuck game, you worry them and then they worry you, it's 8-8 with minutes to go, now you could play negatively, eat the time up and go for extra time or go for the win. Again it's a close game, could go either way. your 3-2 up, but one of their players mugs your tape guy and is running to your back corner. But it's ok because your back guy runs him down so it's 2 on 1. It's in the last minute but this guy has the nonce to go for the flag. But suddenly he hears "X,X,X" coming from one section of the Brits in the crowd, he stops at the X to counter this, meanwhile the 15 year old wonder kid (who has played his heart out for you all weekend) hears all this"X,X,X" from this one section of Brits in the crowd, bearing in mind the last he saw of the Joy player was him running to the back corner.
Pops up and snaps the best snapshot of his life in to the guy at the X, unfortunately his team mate.
To say you could see he was gutted is an understatement but he still in his youthful enthusiasm went for the win, trying to snap the guy in the back corner.
This is where I make one of the many mistakes I've made by not trying to calm him down and try to go for the draw and extra time.
But I do have a small excuse for this, I was too busy trying to work out why when Scandinavian teams play any major event they all want to beat each other, but if there's a Scandinavian team in the finals they all support that team no matter what has gone on in the prelims. When are the Brits going to realise any British team doing well in Europe or America (see shockwave's result in Las Vegas) is good for British paintball.
Wouldn't that p*ss you off?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I find it awful that brit spectators were helping out a scandinavian team at the expense of a British team:mad: Apart from the fact that the Tigers are really nice guys, they played awsome ball this weekend and to lose out for this reason stinks.

Remember this incident next time you all complain that UK teams don't seem to get on the winners rostrum often enough!:rolleyes:

Tinks

Feb 20, 2004
The Brit spectators were rooting for tha brits, then.. they started doing it for the scandinavians! i was like... "what tha hell are you doing??!!" i was confused to say the least :rolleyes: :p

Well Done to the British Teams... Morb loves you guys ;)

LIVE THOLS

Apr 3, 2004
venezuala
P8NTBALLER.COM
1. It must have been an awsome snapshot to shoot the wrong side of the X.

2. You think you can tell the accent of a crowd full of people shouting X? (im sure no scandinavians would do such a darstardly thing..)

3. what was the coach telling your snake player?

You're right, you uncovered the truth. its all a massive conspiracy, everyone hates the tigers, and its all someone else's fault whan you lose.

Grow up.

Tinks

Feb 20, 2004
seeing as this was a british tournie, i do believe the majority of the crowd may have been british :D

Oct 28, 2003
south central bookham
i happen to know who was attempting to put the tigers off.

i am not going to name them.

they are pricks and the reason british paintball is not gonna be able to compete with the yanks ever (until this attitude stops)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Honestly I don't see the big deal.
Sure, it would be nice to get as many people rooting for you as you can, but I don't see why a person or a team HAS to root for you, just because you happen to be from the same country.
Personally I'd love to see more hate and grudges in paintball, and it might be a good thing too.
You all keep blabbing about how such behavior is holding the UK back, and how everyone would be better if everyone were friends. Sorry, but that's a load of Walt Disney Bull****.

If every top team had another top team that they hate to death, that would still leave them with plenty of people to train with and against, and when it came to playing against the team that you hate, you might just play with a little more heart, and as we say in Holland, with a bit more pepper up your ass.

C'mon people, this ain't Disneyland, and Peter Pan is just a flying faggot. Give in to the darkside and strike them down with all your hatred, it's a good thing.

That said, I feel sorry for myself, because there is no team out there that I hate...