Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wouldn't this p*ss you off

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Well Im not in the know about which Brits were cheering for Joy, but im gonna add my 2 pennys worth anyway..

Steve, I dont quite see why you think that all British people should have been supporting you guys. With the EXL, It's become alot easier for fans and other players to watch certain teams play alot of games. Just because they are English doesnt always mean the'll be supporting an English team, mabye the just liked the way Joy played, or thought they had some pimp ass ballers, who knows...

The Champions league is coming up. If Arsenal get knocked out, do you think Arsenal fans will go and cheer on Chelsea? I think not..

Your game against Joy was one of the tightest games Ive seen in a long time. And it's a shame that Matt made a mistake in the final game, as he'd played well throughout the tourney. But you cant blame that on the crowd. As you know, It's all part of being a pro playa. Playing infront of large crowds will get you mad props when you play well, and get you laughed at when you make comical mistakes. From what I've seen this year, Matt has got enough potential to suck it up and get on with his A game.

Peace out :)

Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by woz
So next time you go to bo us ask yourself how many pro finals have you been in?
So next time you are watching a game of football, you will keep your mouth shut, since you have never played in a pro football final?

Get real, and just suck it up man. I feel sorry for your loss, but this is a non argument.
The crowds jeering is part of xball, and just because you have a similar stamp on you passport doesn't mean jack****. It has nothing to do with respect or disrespect, which you hinted at in an earlier post. How can it? If it's disrespectful to be against a Brit team, it would by default also be disrespectful to be against a Scandinavian team. So you basically want the crowds to be silent then, as the UK and Scandinavia is pretty much where all the teams are from (except RL, who come from another universe)

A few people said that this is the reason Brit teams can't compete with the Yanks because of this, and that's a load of bull****. One of the reasons is because we keep making lame ass excuses for sucking.

I know which people you're talking about, I would just like to point out that the ringleader, if you wanna call it that, wasn't someone from the "Malevolent Fish" camp, despite popular belief...

Ronnie Hollington

London Tigers #9
Aug 4, 2003
Mayhem
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
i really did not want to join the debate here, For Steve coaching its really hard battling against part of a crowd who are trying to screw you over, i think that is why he feels so strongly as he is trying to shout over the top of thse people. We would never stand there like some of the english people were, shouting abuse, for example "tigers suck" personally i found this kinda of amusing, being told i suck by a group of people watching kinda ironic. I think what is wrong we pay a lot of money a year for a group of people in the crowd to take a away our best shot at finsihing 2nd place. now i know people are just going to say "live with it, tought sh!t". what is done is done.

I dont expect to have the whole crowd behind you but i know what it feels over the last 4 years to have both sides of of the coin. From the Boos to the Cheers.

I really would like to say a big thanks though to all the English and non English suporters we have had over the last 4 years in finals who have cheered us it means a lot. This year we have had the majority of the crowd behind us all over europe so we cant really complain ;D

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Ronnie, no body was trying to 'screw you over' :rolleyes: If people want to cheer or jeer, that is their descision. An thats the beauty of xball, everyone gets an oppinion and everyone gets the chance to voice it..

How did the crowd 'try and take away your best shot at finishing 2nd'?? Spectator involvement is part of the game (Not just a CC!)and every XBall player I talk to knows to be cautious about information from the crowd. If Matt chose to use that information by blazing into the X and shooting your own player that is his fault for listening! Ive been given wrong information before, and been smoked because of it. You have to live with it, and whats done is done :rolleyes: ;)

I wanna take this opportunity to say congratulations for the season. You guys have played really smart all year, and have picked up some very good results. Smile :)

Peace.

TG

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

I was working the PMI/Evil stand a CC G. Can't get them all off mate :) Had a really good time tho...

Vegas is crazy isnt it! :cool:

Ronnie Hollington

London Tigers #9
Aug 4, 2003
Mayhem
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
Tommy i don’t know if my point was clear but what I am saying is you have to take the rough with the smooth :D and, that its really infuriating for Steve trying to shout over the top of people, hence why he wrote the thread. :D

It’s a spectator sport you can cheer, jeer who you like its what makes X-ball worth watching. I dont mean to sound ungrateful i really appreciate the surport we have had from everyone ;D

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
After reflecting on it.

This forum is there to vent your spleen of what's wrong with the world of paintball as you see it. That's what I did Sunday night when I got home, now having watched how people have reacted to what I put, I can honestly say it doesn't really make a lot of difference, what happened, happened, Joy got second, we got third, if it had been the other way round it wouldn't have affected the final EXL placings, we still would have been third after Joy and Legion (not a bad place to be:) )
All it cost us was 1500 Euros(but saved us a bigger paint bill) and the chance to play against Legion, a double edged sword, a team everyone wants to beat, but at the moment a team no-one can come close to. Maybe that was the biggest loss, a chance to play the Russians in front of your home crowd, although after the reception they got on Thursday night I think they might have been the next lot I would have had to bitch about. :D
Maybe we should be applauding the Boo Boys, because it's been the constent "Who is the best team in the UK?":( That makes you want to win even harder.:) :)

Peace to all.

Hope all your teams do well next season, just not as well as mine.:D ;) :p

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by Tommy Gun-Nexus
I was working the PMI/Evil stand a CC G. Can't get them all off mate :) Had a really good time tho...

Vegas is crazy isnt it! :cool:
True - crazy! That slave driving no good Piper, suppose someone has to watch the stall while he's snoozing out back.