Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

XSV American PRO Clinic in the UK

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Okay,

Little bit of water testing here, if we could get a top American PRO Team(say between 3-5 players) to come over to the UK and run a Paintball Clinic would you be interested. I need some feedback as if there is enough interest I'll maybe look at putting it together with some help obviously for some time in 2005. My questions are below.

1. How long should it last
A. 1 Weekend Day
B. 2 Weekend Days
C. 1 Week

2. Where should it be held

3. Would the PA League allow the use of their venue??

4. How much should it cost

What I would ask is you take into consideration the cost for getting these guys over here, also their experience.

The Team we are looking at is XSV.............

Your thoughts please gents.

Sid

jinx76

i'm with ure mom
Jun 16, 2003
sheep land
www.nolimitpainball.co.uk
1. How long should it last
A. 1 Weekend Day
B. 2 Weekend Days
C. 1 Week

2. Where should it be held

3. Would the PA League allow the use of their venue??

4. How much should it cost

What I would ask is you take into consideration the cost for getting these guys over here, also their experience.

The Team we are looking at is XSV.............

Your thoughts please gents.

Sid [/B][/QUOTE]

right my opinions are as follow's

point 1 : robbo and the nexus boys did a couple of these last season and the turn out was good but why waste alot of money on flights etc for the yanks when we have the only fully professional team within our own european community.

point 2 : venue there are many venues available and i would say j2o skirmish is one great one the p.a. is another and maybe dartford for a third.

point 3 : would the p.a. allow it well that's up to hatt's and gill and the board but all u can do is ask this would be the best venue due to many fields and great facilities???( this would be the best venue if u were to do just one event as it would be easily accessible for the whole country with it's central location.)

point 4 : cost well it all depends on who you have doing your pro clinic if for instance you were to ask a couple of the english speaking ruskies to come over plus a few of the lads from nexus (except robbo cause as we know he is slowing down his involvment next season.) money wise would depend on the amount of people turning up the amount of players brought in and there fee's and the amount of time the event is held for instance.
i.e. a one day event i doubt people would pay more than 25-30 pounds for this but a weekend event i am sure people would pay the usual tourney prices between 50-70 pounds as long as it is all organised correctly.(as in a set rota/itinary or what will be worked on and what is needed to become a pro/play like one.

sorry if u think i am putting a downer on this but these are valid points as paying maybe 3 grand for 3-5 players to come over has to be recouped some how doesn't it am sure the european option would be a better option.

just my 2 cents worth

regards
:D :D

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
1. Seemed to work well the 1 or 2 day option the Nexus lads did. Turn up for both if you can, or just the Sunday for those unfortunate enough to work Saturdays :)

2. Would have to be a central location to get the interest of the northern and southern teams, and also to maximise the attendance levels.

3. PA site is ideal if you had 4 fields set up, and rotated say the lessons on each field in groups. Say snap shooting field one with 'insert name here' and running and gunning field 2 with.... you get the idea :)

4. I would say £30 a day is reasonable, or £50 for the two? maybe do some kind of deal where you get a box of paint thrown in for an extra X ammount of cash.

I know what Jinx is getting at with there are plenty of Euros to learn from. Ruskies, Nexus lads, Joy, Tigers etc etc. But it may be nice to get an American perspective on training/techniques etc.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Awesome idea, no offence to the UK teams but they aren't the best in the world, professional, or not. A day with one of the top 5 teams in the world (which in my book is 4 US, 1 Russian) has got to be worth a chunk of change though

PA Site is ideal.

Why not maximise profits for the XSV bunch and have a two day seminar but the same thing each day. A one day boot camp for pro paintball.

If you can't make the saturday, come to sunday and vice versa. If you really want come to both but the same thing both days.

No fecking about, early start, late finish, drills, techniques etc all day long.

I would think £50 per head fair for one day as long as you have a cap on numbers attending (too many and you just don't learn as much) and it is a good team (XSV as you have statred is fine).

Also, I would expect a fully worked out day, not just some freebie for them to hang about, sign autographs and then be on the next plane home ;)

Where do I sign?

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
with out being rude to the guys on nexus. why would you want to go any train with the guys who had to get players from other teams to make the cut. to be honest why dont shock and tigers have there own training events for people to come train with them. nexus if you dont think that you are good enough to make the cut why dont you drop down to am and work a little harder next year. i think that you guys are a great team and you would have made the cut on your own.
Getting a yank pro team over here would be a great idea. £100 for a weekend learning from a top pro team would be worth every penny.

jinx76

i'm with ure mom
Jun 16, 2003
sheep land
www.nolimitpainball.co.uk
right well ???

like i said before get pro's in am not being funny ben but u say top 5 in world and u put russkies in there,but surely going by results this season and last u can see are boys can hold there own in combat also i realise the san diego result was russian helped but 3 of the uk teams have qualified for the top 18 or whatever it is for nppl for next season.

all i want (i will be coming along to learn if this happens) is for the (pro) team selected to be professional and this will mean like u said them doing what there being paid to do and not sit about lazing all day.

whilst writing this i see mikie has posted also so will say my two cents worth about his commments whilst i am here.

with regards nexus no offence mike but what the hell are u talking about i realise they used ringers at this event but that was to make the cut in a league where they have already proved themselves this season and last but due to the nppl now having a cut off point and them not wanting to have to attempt to buy a slot for next year if one of the pro's chose to sell it (i.e. the whole entourage disq thing) then why not get some of the very best players in the world along to help you stay in the fight.

i think we all know they are the best we have to offer at the moment with shock and tigers a close second(mainly a sponsorship thing i think as well)

but what i mean is i would pay good money to any pro team in the nppl next season because they have earnt the right to be there and they are (pro) arn't they.

well my 2 cents worth

regards

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
right well ???

Originally posted by jinx76

i think we all know they are the best we have to offer at the moment with shock and tigers a close second(mainly a sponsorship thing i think as well)
Jinx, I might be reading this wrong, what exactly are you saying?