you 'pro players' are a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Hmmm

Just to add a little something on the subject. Most of the pros and high AM teams have been balling for quite sometime. Sup' Air has only been around a few years. My point is that most of the pros who have been around for a while grew up playing in the woods and learned how to play in the woods. When the tournament scene went to sup air, most of them stopped playing woods ball and started playing Sup air b/c that was the future of paintball and that is where the money and prizes are. Don't let them fool ya, I am sure they could go back to their roots and play woods ball. I am not sure who you have played, but the pros that I have met and played play paintball exceptionally well and could kick ass in the woods and on sup air fields. Just my 2 cents worth;)

As reluctant as I am to get into an argument

I am going to, becasue I feel you are missing some vital points here:

Now I'll start by putting my credentials on the table, I have been playing for a year for my Uni team, the closest I have ever come to being a pro is bewing lit up by a Shockwave UK player at the European indoor last year. So what do I know? Well nothing, and here's my point, I can't talk from experience, so I have to think about it, and if you think about your statements DQ you'll see how absurd they sound:

"No offense to you supposed 'pro players' "

I fail to see how your coments could be anyhting but offensive:

"I'd love to play some of you 'pro player' in a speed arena, i bet anything i would wipe the floor with most of you."

These guys practice regularly, play at the top level all the time with a team that they know well enough to know how they all play and you reckon you could just rock up and play better than them!

"They just assume wait till some one else makes a move and then when that person does make the move they take all the credit for it."

I'm sorry, are you saying that tournament paintball is all about waiting for someone else to do something?

If you have played tournament (and/or speedball) paintball then you have a very strange angle on it. If you haven't then maybe you should consider that you don't know about it.

As to being better in the woods... if you are talking about scenario style paintball, then clearly if you are a US Airborne Infnatry Ranger then it shoudl come as a small suprise that you have superior knowledge of field-craft and small arms tactics, I don't think there is much to be proud of there, that's what you spent so long training for. I think it is important to realise that tournament paintball and combat are two increadibly diferent things.

As is traditional for me, I add the proviso that I don't actually know you, I am not a serviceman and I am not a pro paintballer, so I could be wrong but that is the way I see it

Richard

P.s. I hope that that was sufficiently errodite and swear-word free.

yo know the sub

i have played with pros, have they played with me ever?? nope. so who are the ignorant ones??

Surely if you've played with Pros they must have played with you?

Just to clear something up, what exactly do you class as a pro player? At the moment it reads like it's anyone who does'nt play woodland.

JJ

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
DQ,

The reason I replied the way I did is simple. Every other month we get somebody like you on here saying the things you say. I, and a lot more like me, am tired of trying to inform the ignorant who refuse to be tought because of their narrowmindedness.
I couldn't give a flying rat's @$$ if you are a ranger or not (as you claim to be, but might as well be a lie (not saying that it is) because of how anonymous internet is), because over the years I have seen soooooo many long time army people enter the field cocky as hell, and every time they have had their @$$es handed to them in a doggy bag, because they approached the game in a military manner. Paintball is nothing like combat, and the sort of thing one does in combat, does not automatically make it the right thing to do in paintball, and vice versa.
All we see are your boasts, about 'wiping the floor with us' and all that yahoo, and frankly, I ain't impressed. Want to impress us? Meet us on the field someday, and have a good, clean game of ball. I know that you army types can travel relatively cheap, so that shouldn't be too difficult.
I have to admit that I do believe that you are inthe army, because you have the same way too cocky attitude as most of the other army personnel I've met (somehow this attitude seems exclusive to infantry types.....and marines, but they're just infantry with wet gear :D ).
So if you feel offended by what I posted earlier, well, tough! You are the one that started offending people. It's okay to start a debate, but what you did is just picking fights, and that's stupid.

I'm done with this sh*t. I'm sooo out of this thread!

The DQ Boy

Feb 1, 2002
Lakeland Mnnesota
Visit site
see now thes elast few posters are one i like, they are not sweraing and not trying to be cute. I class a pro player as someone who is all about the glitz and glamor of this sport, that is all it is sbout, who can get the best looking gear, best looking gun, who only play speedball who are sponsored and ll of the goodies that go along with being pro. Ok so they practice regularly, so what, so do i but it is called training for me, you know physical, mental, and well with my bregade it is like a brother hood for all of us, we would give our life for any one in the platoon. No i am not saying speedball is this way i am saying that is how pros play woods ball, not speed ball, i am sayin speedball is slinging paint and that is it. Mayby a lil skill but not a whole lot. If i were to take my range battalion into a speedball tourney we would for sure waste the crap out of any pro team, we are trained in close combat with our weapons, see what we do is we go into a building, wearhouse/ect and are trained to kill anyhing and everything with out any casualties to us or any innocent victim. Skilled to precision timeing, movement, and get out as fast as possibel. Do you actually think a pro team can do all that? And as far as not having much to be proud of, well obviuolsy you have no idea what it is to be a ranger, our slogan is RANGERS LEAD THE WAY do you have compensation to what that means? And much more than small arms tactics, but you knew that?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Now I know you are full of ****. A pro player is someone who is in the top 1% of the sport. Not someone who has their own marker and only plays speedball. You do not know what a pro player is so what gives you the right to insult them? I am led to believe that you played speedball at one time and got your arse kicked. But believing that you and the rest of your ranger buddies are an invincible killing machine, you have to resort to insults and excuses to explain why you were beaten. You complain about people swearing and being childish but it was you how attacked people you have never met and know nothing about. And on a silly note if you took your ranger battalion onto a speedball field there wouldnt be enough room for an opposing team. Training with modern firearms has no bearing on paintball fields. Paintball is a sport not military training so tactics used in one will be of no use to the other. Why would a pro team want to "kill anyhing and everything with out any casualties to us or any innocent victim"?
I think you are taking your military career a little too serious and it worries me that you are allowed to use a paintball marker never mind a real firearm.

Oh and BTW I have also been in the army so I know what the life is like.

Lane

Jul 14, 2001
Georgia, USA
Visit site
Georgia Pro Players

Did you play with any "pros" in Georgia? I would be curious as to which one. To the best of my knowledge there are only five. Myself, LD, Paul Heads, Todd Traczyk, and Steve Hamman.

Being in a Ranger battallion - I would assume you have been stationed in Columbus or Dahlonega. I am from Columbus, and began playing paintball there. I now live about 15 miles away from Dahlonega. I am quite familiar with most paintball related activities in both areas. I seriously doubt that you actually competed with Pro paintball players in Georgia, and would bet all that I have that you came out on the worse end of the deal if you have.

Now as to your argument - I couldn't agree less. I believe that the advent of these new spectator friendly arena fields have gone a long way to narrowing the gap between the Pros and the average player. Airball fields, Angels, and paint that cost $40 a case at the tournaments have definitely made for more parity. A fast gun, a ton of paint, and a balloon to hide behind turns average Joes into superstar defensive, you shoot left I shoot right no matter what, back player extrordinaires. It is a much easier game to be good at, now that we left the woods. I still feel it takes effort and skill to become great (and let me add - the true PRO players in this game are indeed GREAT players), and thus the top teams still come out on top most often.

Mr DQ - I realize that you are only trying to get a rise. But once you wrote Georgia into your posts I took it a bit personally. No hard feelings. Just didn't want you to get carried away on any recent conquest against the pro's here. If you ever want to get a little experience of some pros in the woods, and you'd be willing to add a few dollars into the pot, I think I could put together a 5 man team of "has beens" that might be interested. I might even find a financial backer if the stakes get too high.

LD - All A's, Image, PCRI player of the year
Paul Heads - All A's, Image, PCRI dream team vote getter
Todd Traczyk - Xtreme, OBR, Image
Steve Hamman - All A's, Jax Warriors
Myself - I'll do my best to keep up

Looking at that team - the one thing I can assure you of - you won't see much of the "waiting for someone elase to make the move" that you seem to equate to Pro players.

Just my thoughts.

kris

yarbles
Jan 10, 2002
Just SoManc
I did warn you all!
o well might as well have my say
In no way is paintball similar to war. No argument its the fact!
Secondly- What is wrong with a guy taking pride in his equipment
Isn't that what they teach you in the army as well? to me any sane man would except a sponsership deal - SAVES MONEY. Your arguments are totally not justified and don't make sense.
You prefer woodland - so i prefer sup air, you don't see me sticking a thread on here about "woodland player suck"
You are a ranger, i am a student and i bet we are of the same standards. that is the nice thing about paintball. It doesn't matter how old you are or what type of job you have to be able to compete against each other.
on that word i do know a 15 year old that could probable kick most rangers arses at paintball. Stick a real weapon in his hand and he won't know what to do.
SEE my point - They are not comperable
Paintball = Sport,
Army = War
So go back to your woodland , go play sniper and freeze your nuts off.
Myself i'm going to get sponsered, have fun and have a kick arse marker to play with.
You are the exception not the rule, don't try to inforce that on us
kris

The G@me

A Marvel To Watch!!!
The only reason he plays in the woods is that his ego will not fit ont a Sup' Air Field. May I ask if it is the "Power Rangers" your in because you seem to live in a dream world. We dont use mines, trip wires or punji sticks. Oh and by the way we are talking about a sport not war. "Get with the programme soldier"

Why start arguments, whats the point. I know every one has an opinion but come on, isnt the whole idea behind what we play and type something called fun.

I rest my case......................!!!!!!!!!

Sorry DQ but I agree with the rest of the guys

P.S. You v Lasoya I gotta see. :eek: Ouch!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.