Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

1 on 1's

tm167

Sleep when your dead
May 5, 2002
Worcester/exeter uni
has any1 got any tips for a 1 one 1. I was in 1 at the zap indoor against outcast and lost it. Have only been playing bout 6 months so even obvious tips wouild be appreciated.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Shoot and move!

Basically the best way to win is to blind move on them.
Shoot their bunker, forcing them to hide for a second - then move quick as hell to another bunker.

The most satifsfing sound in paintball is when you hear you opponent shooting the empty bunker you where prievously in.

Also small tips, fil your hopper straight away when you find out your in that situation - to reduce the sound when your moving.

If your going to go for the mug, pause to find out which way the are shooting before you run into a line of paint.

try not to pepper there bunker with paint as this is a dead give away that your about to mug there ass.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
i saw what happened on ur 1 on 1, on field 2 right? in the bottom left corner, i think what went wrong was that you put him in with a few shots but then moved slowly in a strsight line riht at him, then he came over the top and shot you.not sure if this is right, but i would have moved faster towards the other side of his bunker,your right, which was the side he was not shooting out of, then he wouldnt have seen you coming.

tm167

Sleep when your dead
May 5, 2002
Worcester/exeter uni
thanks 4 the tips burb.
SJT19 u got the right team but i think u r talking about another player. Another guy on our team tried to mug him out. I was the one left after he missed him! Thanks for the help anyway though
Keep those tips coming in.

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
Get them before they get you. Do not hide. make sure you know where they are at all times and when possible change your position so they get confused. Also pretend you are shouting at another man on the field so the other player doesn`t know you are on your own.
Hope this helps,
Chunk.

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
av never been in a 1v1 in a tourney, but have done in trainin etc.
I just play really aggressive and don t let the opponent out at all, remember he is the only one left ON UR FIELD lol :D :cool: :D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
trick when going one on one is to vanish from you opponents sight.....
if he knows where you are put him in by lighting up his bunker and as soon as he cant see you MOVE, preferably to a position that gives you a better angle
filling your hopper is a good tip, less noise and less likely to get caught out.
put a line of balls on his bunker as you move, thus keeping him in.

if somone trys this on you, use your brain, if he is shooting the left side of your bunker then you can possibly snap a couple at him from the right by wrapping your cover, try to follow the line of his shots as they come in to get a better idea where he is.....listen to him and his firing pattern is he just double tapping to keep you in or is he rapiding to hold you while he moves. also listen for his hopper rattling (hes low on paint), his lid popping (hes very low or out). if he isnt firing ask yourself WHY is his gun down? is he moving? listen for footfalls or the rattle of paint in pots...if you can hear him circling you, wrap your bunker and shoot him in the ass.....also listen for him talking to himself, a sudden '****' or similar poss meens his gun is down.

good look

Alan Smith

***-for-life
1 on 1

We checked out a great 1 on 1 tourney @ the Mardi Gras last year. The guy who won the tourney was playing in a black JT top but we weren’t really too shore who it was. Now this player had great skills seamless left and right handed shooting with a great stock position that allowed him to move and shoot whilst maintaining accuracy. We were well impressed and have used the skills he exhibited in training over the last season. Anyways when he won the comp we saw who he was - Alex Fraige - needless to say we've been stealin’ his tricks, here are a couple that may help you out!

Like all of paintball you’re in a competition with your opponent for control. So the first biggy is to take control through your shooting force them into cover and cut off there movement. This makes them nervous they are blind under pressure and don't know what your doing. Most players will simple make a mistake here and come out into your paint.

If they are cool with good technique you'll get into a snap shooting battle, switching sides this is when your movement comes into play. You’re looking to blind side you opponent by moving through blind spots (notice I don't say barricades) to a position where you can make an elimination side on.

Here is a big trick in a 1 on 1 being close to your barricade is bad it limits your angles and vision, instead stand back and you'll find you will have better angles and you'll be able to slip between the shadows of barricades without being spotted! You need to be fast on your feet and accurate on you gun to do this or you'll just get caught standing in the open.

On the subject of aggression it is correct to be aggressive but not stupid, you're in a battle of wits so play the percentages.
Lastly on the subject of mugging, this is a high risk percentage move and generally in a 1 on 1 you will both get marked. Alex pulled a mug in the final at the Mardi Gras and did well to get the reff's decision in his favour. In the prelims at joy this year I was in a 3 on 1 played percentages against two of the guys then my adrenaline went through the roof and I made the mistake of using a blind spot to move up to a lay-down (never go low in a 1 on 1) and pulling a mug on the last guy who blew me away in open ground.

Live and learn,

Alan.....................

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
As Alan said - In a 1 on 1, don't hug your bunker. Just keep something between you and the other player. Staying tight to your bunker reduces your field of vision and mobility. Playing off the bunker gives you more opportunity to move, different angles to shoot from and can confuse your opponent. Just watch out for shots coming over the top of low bunkers :D

Keep shooting to put your opponent in, move around until you have a good angle and blast him.