Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Jordan69

Apr 20, 2013
me and another member of p8ntballer have been scammed by this member, i arranged to buy a bottle off him for £75, sent him the payment and that was the last i heard off him, £75 gone just like that, called paypal and they advised me to take it to trading standards if the item doesn't arrive as the member is from scotland.

Just thought id let the community know.

Jord

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Note that in your first offer you mentioned not doing fees

hmmmm £60 posted? no fees to pay? ;)
If you evaded paypal fees by using payment owed etc then you evaded the 'insurance' cover element of PayPal
If you pay the fees then you get the right to dispute non receipt and claim back your money via PayPal. Not having done so you lose paypal protection but can still claim against the seller

It's much too soon to be discussing non receipt, it looks like the other person is chasing up the status of their purchase, this does not mean you have both been scammed
If you click into the profile of the seller you will see they have not been on the forum since you out your post up to him

Allow a reasonable time for him to send it

Jordan69

Apr 20, 2013
what im saying is guys hes done it to other people, im not saying i got next day delivery, he lives in scotland! and he was online this morning actually and has ignored all of my messages regarding the shipment of the item, if he doesnt ship it ill have to get trading standards involved.

Jord

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Give the guy a chance. Most of us have Jobs and Lives outside of Paintball. Also you need to remember that the Post Office is only open normal business hours monday to friday. It may well be the case that benneh has not had a chance to get their yet due to other commitments.

I would at least give him a couple of days to respond to you with posting details before you start the witch hunt.

Sam_M

May 7, 2013
Oh ffs are you been serious? Its a saturday, you paid for the bottle yesterday morning what did you expect?

Give the man a chance

Reactions: nezsoul

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
So as the other players have advised you need to allow a few days to let people to get the opportunity to post items. I can understand your frustration in the lack of response, but sometimes this doesnt happen...

But as experienced buyer from here some pointers on what to expect
  • If you want next day delivery, unless you pay for it most sellers wont do it. This is even more likely since the Post Office increased it's charges earlier this year
  • Pay for a tracked shipping so you can see the progress through the Post Office / courier used
  • ALWAYS pay the fees... that guidance is clear in the FAQ in the Classifieds
  • Avoid using Bank Transfers as getting the money back is very difficult and protracted
Plus I hate to tell you this but buying 2nd hand goods doesn't entitle you to very much! Basically buying goods from a private individual doesn't offer the same rights as when buying from a trader (shop). Paypal probably didnt understand the nature of the transaction. The legal principle of caveat emptor, or 'buyer beware', operates. No rights to the goods being satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose, but should be as described. So check goods thoroughly before you buy them.

Reactions: Aphex and James ECI