Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

20 Questions....

Team_Moose

Apr 7, 2006
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum so be gentle!

A group of friends and I recently went paintballing down in Glasgow (Delta Force). After this experience, we have now decided that we would like to buy our own guns....

Q1) What gun would you recommend for rec ball (we don't have any intention of playing in tournaments). We are currently looking at either a Tippmann Custom 98 or a Spyder Rodeo, but would like some advice from more experience players.

Q2) After reading many posts about Air vs CO2, we have decided to go for an air system. How would we go about filling our guns up if we were going to go out for a full day? We live 15 miles away from Aberdeen. Would we need to buy our own compressor and storage tank?

Q3) How much would the above mentioned air compressor etc be?

Q4) For those of you who paintball near Aberdeen, where are the best places to go paintballing in this area? i.e. woodland etc.

Sorry for such a long first post, but I just thought it's best to get it right first time!

Thanks in advance

Team_Moose

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Hey Daz (i think its you?!?) Bob here,

Personaly a 98c with a longer/better barrel will sort you out fine and you can upgrade it over a period of time if you need.

About compressors You don't need one but if you want to store air then you need a scuba tank. You could pick one up 2nd hand from AWS (Aberdeen Water Sports) for £50 + for a 9L.

You can rent them full for £5 a day :)

At the uni club we have a couple of tanks going around so when you in you could always ask nicly :)

Battlegrounds is up be New/old deer and Matt the site owner is a nice friendly guy & its as cheap as you will get of site play. If not then be nice to a farmer with private land and some woods :)

hope this helps mate,

bob

Team_Moose

Apr 7, 2006
Hey Bob,

Yeah it's Daz and co, how ever did you guess he he?!

That sounds pretty damn good.

If we bought our own scuba tanks second hand, how much would AWS charge to fill them up?

Also, if there was about 10 of us going out for a day, assuming each of us needs a couple of refills (our tanks will be 0.8L 3000psi), how many scuba tanks would we need?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
Hey Bob,

AWS would charge £3 a fill, you would proble need 2 tanks min, this 98c's can be abit gas hungry. Advantage is you not firing that fast.

It would probly be best in the short term fundswise if you got one tank and rented and then got another but between 10 of you would be about £10-12 each for 2 tanks. Depends of howmany/what type AWS have 2nd hand atm.

Team_Moose

Apr 7, 2006
Cool that's much cheaper than I thought. What sort of adapter do you need to take the air from the scuba tank to the markers tank?

Team_Moose

Apr 7, 2006
Thanks.

We just phoned AWS and the guy was reluctant to tell us the type of 2nd hand tanks they have at the moment until we go in tomorrow for a meeting with the "boss". Is this for the safety aspect of it all and to make sure we aren't neds?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
Probly, the guys there are friendly so just explain the situation. THe main guy (can't remeber his name) wanted to meet us first time around, brought a mates marker in to show him and he seem'd quite impressed.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
there where a couple of tanks going on here recently, i have 232bar(3000psi) 10 ltr bottle and that lasts me all day plus still have bit left over, but if ya not shooting much then it should do for 3 ppl, you wont always get a perfect fill, from a 232 10ltr bottle i get 2-3 fills at 3000psi then it starts dropping as the bottle gets empty,

marker wise id get a tippman, i do own a spyder fenix acs, its a reliable gun and are fast enough for woods-ball, you can pick them up second hand pretty cheap, and if they do happen to go wrong they are super easy to fix, any spyder is easy to maintain really.