Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

34,000 sq feet indoor arena, suggestions needed....

Black

Aug 26, 2013
Atherton
Hey everyone - hoping you guys could help.

I've just got my hands on an entire mill floor thats been used for paintball, to be honest with you it needs some work. I'm starting this week on map one. It's planned as remote dessert location, attack and defend into raised building, your only access is down one street into a bazaar. Fight your way through a tunnel and clear the few surrounding buildings to breach the main target. Capture the flag or rescue a VIP, you will be under constant contact throughout the battle. Yer shot, yer dead!

Naturally, I really want this place to be great, so this is why I need you. I'm hoping to get a few people together to brainstorm our next move, well few moves. Actually, it would be mega if we could see it through to the finished product! What do you want? Why are you into paintball? Tell me what you love about the places you go to and what you don't love. What can we do differently? Anyone that wants to get involved with map design, get in touch. If you are able to help with the build and get stuck in give us a shout! Can you supply military gear you no longer need, free of charge is a must I'm afraid.

To be fair, it's a opportunity for you. Get in at the grass routes and develop something great!

So, can you let me know if you would like to help, if you have any skills we can use for building please say so. Game ideas welcome 24/7. If you have a beach I can dig up, cool.

At this stage, I need to get a feel of any interest - so please respond if you would like to.

Thank you.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
if you actually intend to use sand i have one line for you

"sand gets everywhere. everywhere!"
Good point, if you're planning on having rental markers they'll be ruined within a couple of months plus you won't be able to sweep up and wash down very easily with sand all over the place.

Black

Aug 26, 2013
Atherton
Thanks for the tips re the sand, we are based in the northwest of england. I can't say exact location due to the advertising rules. First zone will be sanded however due to your comments I will make sure its stops there. Thanks again guys!

Anyone wants to help or have any suggestions, let us know...... :)

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Suggestions/questions:

1) Have you got the money to run the site for at least the first year without making a profit, or at a loss?
2) Have you actually really looked into the insurance you'll need to run a paintball site?
3) Sure what you have said sounds so far sounds like it could appeal to those who are already within the community, but how are you going to attract regular punters away from sites like Delta Force, and any smaller but already established centres near you? What you're offering may well be better, but they are already well known and are very easy to find on google, two things that your new site won't be.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
You also need to have more than one game/arena. From the sounds of it, you have just the one, which gets pretty boring if you play it several times in a day.

Black

Aug 26, 2013
Atherton
Suggestions/questions:

1) Have you got the money to run the site for at least the first year without making a profit, or at a loss?
2) Have you actually really looked into the insurance you'll need to run a paintball site?
3) Sure what you have said sounds so far sounds like it could appeal to those who are already within the community, but how are you going to attract regular punters away from sites like Delta Force, and any smaller but already established centres near you? What you're offering may well be better, but they are already well known and are very easy to find on google, two things that your new site won't be.
Thanks for your post....... yer, I get the issue re attracting people here from the big providers. It's a concern, I admit. To be fair though as were a one site set up I think we can react quickly to feedback and what people want. Hence my earlier post asking paintballers what they want, it's pointless doing what I think when it's you that have all the experience.

Full public liability insurance in-place, certificate is displayed on the wall in reception. One, it's a legal requirement and two, it's the right thing to do.

Funding in-place, so it's very much a case of suck it and see.

Thanks........

Black

Aug 26, 2013
Atherton
You also need to have more than one game/arena. From the sounds of it, you have just the one, which gets pretty boring if you play it several times in a day.
At the moment we have three zones, we have room to double the current arena size, so we are looking at extending upto 60,000 sq ft, not today - it's a long term plan.