Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A bit of info the the experts

mikepetrs

Nov 12, 2007
ely
Im not a new player, but im coming back into the game after a year and no doubt am a bit rusty. Ive looked up and down the Air Techroom and thought is surpisingly lacking in information on such a dangerous subject compared to the high standards of the rest of the forum. I am no expert on Filling bottles and have read through and through posts on hear....especially the top sticky, But i would love it and i think all new players or those a bit anxsious about filling there bottles if someone put up a sticky about general queries on bottles and filling?

or... i could just be alone on this .......:oops:

for instance,
1. How to fill bottles
2. the difference between high and low pressure bottles/markers.
3. oiling the bottles
4. the measurements I.e 4500 psi/ amounts each bottle should be filled to and how quickly, (i.e new bottles)

even if a sticky isnt put up, it would be cool if the questions were answered on here

thanks Mike

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
This has been an aim in the last few years with the introduction of air passes.
At a participating site/event you can only self fill if you have either an air pass issued within 12 months, or complete an air training session at the site/event (and then get an air pass)

It's a basic safety and filling brief, as a prt of it you are given a UKPSF form HPA1.

The following link combines the HPA1 with a filling guide:
http://www.oaklandsfestival.host56.com/web_documents/air information.pdf

There is a thread on here about it and self filling:
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/filling-your-bottles.89051/

mikepetrs

Nov 12, 2007
ely
This has been an aim in the last few years with the introduction of air passes.
At a participating site/event you can only self fill if you have either an air pass issued within 12 months, or complete an air training session at the site/event (and then get an air pass)

It's a basic safety and filling brief, as a prt of it you are given a UKPSF form HPA1.

The following link combines the HPA1 with a filling guide:
http://www.oaklandsfestival.host56.com/web_documents/air information.pdf

There is a thread on here about it and self filling:
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/filling-your-bottles.89051/
So is this pass system now in progress? cheers for the 1st link its really helpful, However the Second is the sticky i mentioned above which quickly just turns into a debate about who should fill the bottles.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
So is this pass system now in progress? cheers for the 1st link its really helpful, However the Second is the sticky i mentioned above which quickly just turns into a debate about who should fill the bottles.
Yes - air pass is in progress, but is not compulsory.

The chances are that scenario players who have been to more than a couple of events in the last few years have been 'air trained'

Tourney-wise, I don't know - I'm in the above mentioned thread being surprised that it appeared air passes or an equivelent were not already in tournies.

Something thats not mentioned in my brief in the link is that while filling I recommend holding the cylinder between the first 2 fingers of your left hand. It can then hang in place, and dont lean over the cylinder or hold it by your chest. Should something nasty happen the regulator can fly up and the cylinder can rocket into the ground.
There is a thread on here somewhere about a nasty incident a few years back that this happened. The players gear caught on fire when it blew, but got out alive.
(Think it was a very high rate flash fill and a Stako which should not be flash filled)

Reactions: mikepetrs

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
When filling your bottle it is best to hold the bottle as far away from your body as possible, I have found that the best way to do this is to give it to some one else to fill.
When waiting to fill your bottle do not stand next to the bloke in front, just in case he hasn't read my earlier post regarding oil or if he is filling a 3000psi bottle on a 4500psi rig.
What I am trying to say is you could be an expert on air safety but if the bloke next to you is flash filling a 3000psi botlle with oil on the reg, on a 4500psi rig you don't stand a chance. If you think someone is doing something wrong at a fill station the tell them before they start. You may be the one that is wrong but it is better to be safe than sorry.
At most tournaments the air is supplied by a proffesional company such as H-Pac, they will be near by and they will be happy to answer your questions or give you advice.

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
Yes - air pass is in progress, but is not compulsory.
The chances are that scenario players who have been to more than a couple of events in the last few years have been 'air trained'
I went to one of those classes at a Super6 game last year at YPC, I have an "Air Pass" signed by Andy Sables ( he wasn't in the class). I don't think the bloke that was holding the class would be able to fill a bottle safely.
I was stationed at the fill rigs at NPF Super6 last July and a guy that showed me his "Air Pass" was trying to fill a CO2 bottle at an air station:eek: .
The best bloke in the world can teach you, but if you ain't listening it don't mean jack sh*t

mikepetrs

Nov 12, 2007
ely
When filling your bottle it is best to hold the bottle as far away from your body as possible, I have found that the best way to do this is to give it to some one else to fill.
When waiting to fill your bottle do not stand next to the bloke in front, just in case he hasn't read my earlier post regarding oil or if he is filling a 3000psi bottle on a 4500psi rig.
What I am trying to say is you could be an expert on air safety but if the bloke next to you is flash filling a 3000psi botlle with oil on the reg, on a 4500psi rig you don't stand a chance. If you think someone is doing something wrong at a fill station the tell them before they start. You may be the one that is wrong but it is better to be safe than sorry.
At most tournaments the air is supplied by a proffesional company such as H-Pac, they will be near by and they will be happy to answer your questions or give you advice.
well put mate, whats flash filling though?

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk