Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A few probably stupid questions ...

Captain Panic

Feb 17, 2010
Hi everyone,

As posting here may suggest i'm new to paintballing and at the moment i'm trying to decide what marker to go for but i've come across a few issues, hopefully some people here can steer me in the right direction.

I'm quite set on an entry level tourny marker as in the not too distant future i'm looking to play a bit of competative speedball. With this in mind I'm after a proto SLG 10. The main query i have however is can this marker be essentially toned down a bit by selecting the mode of fire or possibily disabling the electrics in it? I ask because my local site has specified that they don't allow markers which are too good as they don't want to give those people renting markers a huge disadvantage. The obvious solution is probably to get something a bit more basic but as i said a few months down the line i'd like to try find a competative team and play speedball. So any info re the SLG with that in mind would be appreciated or failing that any reccomendations for a marker thats basic but easily upgraded to torny standards would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
yeah they are solid budget guns :) so long as you get a SLG from 09 onwards all issues should be sorted out.

in terms of "dulling it down" you can put the gun into semi automatic (the same as rental markers) and put one of the shake and shoot loaders on top of it, this way you have the same rate of fire as a rental. however this applies to all guns, since the biggest advantage you have over rentals (apart from an accurate gun) is a fast gun. putting a VL-200 loader on top of it evens the playing field.

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I have my own gun and I tag along with the rental players. Even with my gun on semi running a rotor its no big deal.

If your on a crap team your gonna loose what ever gun you have.lol

Jamie.JC.Campbell

Oct 28, 2008
Aberdeen
As the post above said the simple way to do it is just put a normal shake and bake hopper on top like the rental markers because this will keep the slg firing at the same rate as the rental players if not just one or two balls faster.

Captain Panic

Feb 17, 2010
Thanks for advice guys, sadly it's looking like my local site won't allow any electronics period and are sighting insurance as the reason ... beyond me why that matters but hey ho roll with the punches ...

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
Are there any other fields that you can join who do not mind 'electros'? I would say that your field is not wanting their big paying customers to be pummelled hence the ban on 'electros' but I am sure a nicely set up mech will still fire a lot of balls. Buy yourself a tippy 98 or Bt4 and just get a double trigger on it, good solid mechs and use the SLG for Sup Air.

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
Ian

There is no such thing as a stupid question in this section m8.
Every single person on these and any other paintball forums had to start somewhere. even the mighty king ROBBO picked up his first gun for a first time.

tbh, if u want to have a marker that isnt a "punter gun" but , basic, non electrical. You could always go for a Spyder, low end. You can pick these up real cheap now if you hunt around. the basic Spyders are mechanical but can be upgraded...
For when u do want to play Tourny ball....SLG all the way, or an ION, However for the latter, if you bought a brand new one, you would have to almost straight away buy upgrades ( cheap though they are) or buy one that has already been "upped"

hope this helps buddy..... n gud luck wiv ur future ballin. If can help anymore then send a pm this way :D

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Hi everyone,

As posting here may suggest i'm new to paintballing and at the moment i'm trying to decide what marker to go for but i've come across a few issues, hopefully some people here can steer me in the right direction.

I'm quite set on an entry level tourny marker as in the not too distant future i'm looking to play a bit of competative speedball. With this in mind I'm after a proto SLG 10. The main query i have however is can this marker be essentially toned down a bit by selecting the mode of fire or possibily disabling the electrics in it? I ask because my local site has specified that they don't allow markers which are too good as they don't want to give those people renting markers a huge disadvantage. The obvious solution is probably to get something a bit more basic but as i said a few months down the line i'd like to try find a competative team and play speedball. So any info re the SLG with that in mind would be appreciated or failing that any reccomendations for a marker thats basic but easily upgraded to torny standards would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian
Once you are sorted out with kit, i suggest you find local sites that have walkon days. Walkon days are cheaper, allow any player with there own kit to play. The experience will be much more enjoyable playing against other players with there own markers, plus you make a lot of friends.