yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
Hi,

Just wondering about two comparisons between these two markers:

Which of these fires further ?
*Tippmann A5 with a Flatline.
*A stock Smart Parts Ion.

Also, which of these are more accurate ?
*Tippman A5 with a Palmer regulator. (Link: HERE)

Just wondering. :p

Feb 21, 2006
Visit site
yngndrw said:
Hi,

neither should fire the further if they both chrono`d at the same fps, i would of thought, they should be the same:confused:

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
yngndrw said:
Hi,

Also, which of these are more accurate ?
*Tippman A5 with a Palmer regulator. (Link: HERE)

Just wondering. :p
I own both so I know whereof I speak ;)

A-5 with flatline will give longer range but less accuaracy. You could get similar performance- better in fact - with an Ion with an Apex barrel
A-5 with Palmers will be marninally less consistent than a stock Ion.

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
well you bring your A5 on the field, and i'll bring my Ion and we'll see which does better ;)

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
I know that they are totally different markers, it's just that I heard an A5 with a Flatline fires further than a stock A5, but about the same as a more top end marker. (Yes, I know that the ION isn't top end.)

Regarding the accuracy ... What I ment was consistency. Sorry I typed accurate without thinking. It's just that the ION has a regulator as standard, so that would hint that it's more consistant than a stock A5, but it's also electropnumatic so I thought that may make it even more consistant.

I know that they do different jobs, but in general they do the same thing just in different ways and from different approaches.

I was thinking of a second gun, so that I can use my A5 in scenarios where it's all 'up-close and personal' and I'm rolling around all over the shop, and then use the ION for the longer scenarios where it's more distance shooting, well that was the plan assuming that the ION was more consistent. I don't have a Palmer yet, that was something for the future.

If I get an ION, I would be using a stock A5 however, as it's kind of Flatline or ION as far as funds go. I play more Rec-ball / Woodball btw. No tornies for me, atleast not at the moment.

Tom37: Have you got a link to this barrel please ?

Thanks for all of your replies. I am leaning towards getting the ION instead of a Flatline, and then getting a Flatline or regulator at a later date - I'm less likely to break the hopper off an A5 while rolling about. :p