Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A5 Vs ION

phillips

bite me
May 21, 2006
As far away from you as possible
firstly who ever said that the flatline slows balls down is incorrect, due to their back spin and straight flight it is very hard for players to judge the speed of the ball, same with the Apex and at the moment Apex's are cheaper and will fit both the Ion and the A-5 www.paintballstore.tv click on special offers.
The A-5 is far tougher stock than an Ion , just take the ASA's for instance, the A-5 one will never brake, the Ion one is very suspect and should really be replaced sharpish.
The A-5 will win on ruggidness( I know of one that wasnt lubed for 2 years and still cycled) the Ion will win on stock speed and it has far less reciol.
The Apex allows most markers to far outshoot the flatline , I owned one so I know what im talking about. It also gives you an option of swerve shots, witch I found to be very effective although the dive bomb is a pile of usless hype.
You can attatch the Apex end onto a freak barrel kit with a 2 mil( aprox) peice of derelin available from UMS this means amazing accuracy then when needed very very long range.
Ions are far more suitable for faster ROF and tornement use, although if you had the money and time stick an E-bolt into an A-5, stick a modded warp feed on( battery mod 25 aprox bps) Ape board and a new power tube and you can reach speeds of 27 bps ( been tested and proved) BUT Ions will surpass this in the terms that it will take far less money and time and effort to get this level of performance.
Also A-5's are VERY gas hungry , Ions are not. I would go for the A-5 eveyr time if you play very hard and not bothered about ROF until you have a lot of cash( or buy two and make a double trouble muhaaaa 30bps constantly and field legal because its mechanical:p )
However I hated the feel of my old A-5 the Ion will probably allow most people to have a lower profile( the cyclone unless removed greatly increases profile).
An A-5 with a Palmers on will get consistency of 2+- or one A-5 that I know of with this reg gets that consistency. I know of an Ionw ith an after market reg( not sure of make) thats gets equilly consistent reading most of the time.
BAsicly ill repeate what every one else has said and if you plan on not spending as much and playing otrny and woods and scenario then go for the Ion, however if you play just woods and liek to "mil sim" your markers up then the A-5 wins every time also it is one of the toughest out there, alsthough quality has dropped since the take over.
Any marker with a freak kit and Apex end will outshoot everything for distance then short range take the rubber ramp to zero and you have excellent accuracy.
My fingers are tired now :D