Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice please!

jackaroo

Dec 17, 2013
Hi, I'm a marshall at a paintball site in bedfordshire and I've always played paintball for fun but I want to take it a bit more seriously but nothing major! I'm looking into playing a bit more woodsball and I'm looking at buying a gun. I've heard a mechanical gun is best for thing for this but I'm not sure! So any advice on how to get started and what type of gun to buy would be great.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
I think an electronic entry level marker would be nicer, if you don't mind leaving the mil-sim part away. Something like an Axe, Etha or Mini...

jackaroo

Dec 17, 2013
Thank you, some of the guys at work just recommended a mechanical marker because when it comes to walk ons some sites don't let you use electronic markers?

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
If it is a walk-on, they will let you use any marker you got, if you can set it up for the speed and rate of fire that the site got settled, and all the electronic markers are configurable so suitable to use on these conditions. I cannot see why a mechanical marker will have any advantage over an electronic one, other than the obvious lack of batteries needed to work.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Anyway, I'm on the sport for some months only, so I'm not the most experienced guy here...

Maybe you should wait for one of the senior paintballers to answer your question, before you tosh a fair amount of cash away!

PS: Where are you based, and marshall?

jackaroo

Dec 17, 2013
Haha will do, thanks for the advice anyway, it all helps! Based in Bedford and Marshall and skirmish central?

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Oh not so far from here, I'm in Milton Keynes.

Let me know the next walk-on and I will be happy to attend and let you try a Geo3 marker (and teach you how to be a nice, big, static target for others hehehe).

jackaroo

Dec 17, 2013
Ah the site is only about 20/30 minutes from MK! Thanks, that sounds good to me! Keep an eye on the website just incase I forget!