Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air bottle PHOBIA ?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
In a few posts here the build up of metal "or shoulder" has been mentioned on the fill nipple. This has to be so annoying for you not so technical guys out there.
This is caused by the fill rig locking balls pushing against the nipple locking shoulder when under pressure. A short term cure for this, is to file away the offending lip of metal so the fill rig goes on. Short term is the word here, if you've been in this situation or you have a fill nipple with this lip of metal and you can't get the fill rig on, CHANGE THE WORN FILL NIPPLE ASAP

To answer your thread.

Try to understand the process of filling your bottle this will take the fear away of filling bottles, but never get lazy, compressed air is dangerous and must be handled with care.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Another point that has'nt been mentioned.

When you finnished filling up your bottle with air, and for the reason you cannot disconnect the hose/fill rig from your fill nipple, the cause is usually your fill nipple oring not sealing due to it being worn/damaged or dirt trapped.

DO NOT try to yank/force it off. You have to release all the air out your bottle before you can disconnect.

Speaking to a H-Pac staff, he was amazed by a Pro player at one of the Millenium events trying to tug using brutal force to get the fill line off.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Another point that has'nt been mentioned.

When you finnished filling up your bottle with air, and for the reason you cannot disconnect the hose/fill rig from your fill nipple, the cause is usually your fill nipple oring not sealing due to it being worn/damaged or dirt trapped.

DO NOT try to yank/force it off. You have to release all the air out your bottle before you can disconnect.

Speaking to a H-Pac staff, he was amazed by a Pro player at one of the Millenium events trying to tug using brutal force to get the fill line off.
and you'd have thought a pro player would have had all the training regarding hpa.

Xmini-ballerX

London Tigers & Team GB
Nov 15, 2008
Thanks for all repsonces. I know how to fill up my tank I have been doing it safely for a year , But has this has just suddenly came into my head that it will blow. I dont know how to solve this

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Ha ha, yeah mate i know where you're coming from......

First check the fill nipple, make sure it's nice and clean and not bent. Clip the hose onto the nipple, give it a tug and it should stay on properly.
Fill, vent and disconnect.
Just remember, if you get concerned, just ask :)

And if you can get one, get a metal fill nipple cover. CP do one, a little pricey (£5er or so) but protect it well. Besides with a metal one, you are less likely to bend the nipple.