The Home Of European Paintball

Air laws?

Azz3h

Redshift
Nov 30, 2002
Richmond, North Yorkshire
Visit site
What is this all about? This is written by Fat Bob's on Ebay:

'The new standard in HPA bottles. High pressure air bottles used for Paintball must now be CE approved, HSE approval is now no longer good enough.

We are currently the only retailer in the UK and Europe with the new CE approved bottles.'

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
That's rubbish, any NEW bottle will have to be CE, but all existing HSE bottles are safe to use to the end of their 15 year life.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Technically i would say no, but as the pressure from co2 rarely rises above 1200psi, and the available air bottles are rated to at least 3000psi, then it shouldn't matter. But there are laws relating to bottle standards, eg. threads, bottle colour, sizes. I appreciate that we are using these ourselves, but these laws are there to stop others from using the filled bottles, thinking that it would be air, and not co2.
Can anyone shed anymore light on this.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
i know they work ok, the trick is don't go the other way, air in a co2 bottle. I suppose this is why bottles are meant for certain purposes.

For what we are using them for there's no problem, and as long as we're carefull, no worries.