Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Alex Lundqvist banned from playing EXL

eBlader

Nov 18, 2002
Visit site
Hi

I just got the following email from a rather distressed Alex Lundqvist. Any thoughts? Do we think he should be allowed to play the EXL with Joy Division or not?

Ant
See below:

So the EXL decided that only European players are allowed to play.
Fine that eliminates the chances that an EXL team fills their roster with
American players and wins because of that.

But then you decide that no NXL players are allowed either.

There is only one European NXL player that this NXL rule applies to, me.

So you might as well write a rule that Alex Lundqvist are not allowed to
play EXL.

On top of this there is an exception rule for your American player on
Ducklings.

if you have any input on this decision, please let me go to Europe.

Thanks

Alex Lundqvist

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Max leave NYX to join Joy?

If so, doesn't that make him a Joy player and therefore should be allowed to play EXL:)

Personally, having seen him rip teams @ Toulouse Nations Cup, I think the EXL would be nuts to leave him out:cool:

LARSEN

Jul 17, 2001
Aarhus, Denmark
Visit site
What this all about.

Is it because of the NXL ban from last year ???

Don't make all of this so political. Let the guy play.

He is Swedish and playing for a Swedish team.

Whats the problem ???

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I dont think that it would be right for Alex to play, if he is on the roster for New York Extreme then that is his team,and he should play for them. If he wants to play for Joy then surely he should move back to Sweden, and leave NYX. (just like Max has done).

What would happen if he plays for Joy, Joy then qualify for the World Cup (which they should do without him) and then he has to play for NYX at the cup against Joy and the other 3 teams from the EXL.

The yank on the Ducks is a Danish resident and has been for years i believe, Goose has played on the Ducklings alone for a while now, and has not been playing for an NXL team. Neither does he want to play on an NXL team at the same time as playing on an EXL team....there is no conflict of interest?

I think that whatever the nationality, European based players should be able to play for the EXL, and American based players play for the NXL.

In no other sport that is legitimate and established, can a player playing on a team in one country stay on that team yet also play on the roster of a team in a different country.

EDIT: I was under the impression that the 'No NXL Players' came first to stop NXL'ers padding out XL rosters, and then the 'Only Europeans' came second, to stop teams padding out their rosters with the likes of players form Avalanche, Dynasty etc... Players who were not NXl based, but would still be able to play. I think that seeing this as a direct attack on Alex is an emotional response (understandably) but still a neccessary set of rules.

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Ah! Light dawns upon my befuddled brain.

In that case, No, Max can play EXL because he pays for Joy. Alex still plays for NYX and therefore shouldn't be able to play both NXL and EXL.

Seems fair to me (now:rolleyes: ;) :) )

Edited to try not to appear a total moron!:rolleyes: :)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by MrPink
Ah! Light dawns upon my befuddled brain.

In that case, No, Alex can play EXL because he pays for Joy. Max still plays for NYX and therefore shouldn't be able to play both NXL and EXL.
Its Alex thats with NYX, and Max thats with Joy.....:p You'll get there in the end dude!:D