Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Alias solenoid Leak :(

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Gassed up my Alais Timmy this morning and I now have a leak coming from my grip frame, after taking the grip frame and finding the leak, it seems to be coming out of the solenoid, where two sections join together (Middle to end with hosing)

From what I read on PBnation (yeah I know :rolleyes:) theres a small black seal(gasket?) that sometimes breaks and needs replacing (same as Impy right?)

Do any of you guys know where would I be able to find this seal, since I don't seem to have one in the spares pack I got with the Timmy :rolleyes:

Would give Pheonix a bell but I don't really know what the part/orings name is :)

Cheer's

Graham :cool:

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The end plate may have just become loose, and the gasket is leaking. Is there a code on the valve and a manufacturer. I think they're made by Humphrey.
If there are 2 screws on the end plate, degass and remove the two screws. Before you take the plate off, mark one side of the whole unit with a line from one corner to the other by a marker pen, so if you have to remove anything, you'll find it easy to replace in the right order. Take the end plate off and under a magnifying glass, inspect the seal face for damage. It may be dislodged from the leak. If so carefully replace it into the groove, and reassemble.
If there are no screws on the end plate, you will need to take the whole unit apart, starting with the pilot (solenoid). Undo the two screws holding the pilot to the valve, you will then see two screws that run the entire length of the valve. Undo these and only remove the far end cap where the leak is, and inspect the gasket for damage.
Replacement gaskets are hard to get, as the valve usually is a throw away unit, but i may be able to source them.

P.S. be carefull.

Graham-DV8

Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Ok Cheer's Tom.

After taking the solenoid apart (yes they are the same as the Impy:)), the gasket has disintergrated with only a small part of it left and so I'm going to need a replacement.

Now that I know what I'm after I'm able to ring Planet/Pheonix and ask for them to send out a spare seal.

Once again cheer's Tom, just hope now someone in the UK supplys them :(

Graham-DV8

Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Originally posted by fatbeerboy
what comes around goes around. I had so much trouble with trying to get a noid for my timmy its nice to help someone out with the knackered one:D
Just a quick question, was the noid you sent me also leaking from around the middle?.

Just recived (thanks again) and it seems to have the same problem as mine :(

Where abouts did u buy a new solenoid from and how much ££?

fatbeerboy

george jung is my idol
Nov 17, 2003
moo moo land
Visit site
no it didn't m8 just wouldn't switch air is your lpr pressure to high? try lining it up very carefully and doing up the screws tight. Or if all else fails ask tom allen!!! i got mine from paintballkingdom.com but there postage is high so e.mail them and get them to send it usps not ups as it is cheaper mine arrived in 3 days!!! but was about £55