The Home Of European Paintball

Am I entitled to a refund???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Basically a couple of weeks ago i brought a tib8 pistol from a guy. The other day i put a gas cylinder in it to test it.. When I did after the first shot a hissing noise began.. Then when I fired again the hissing got worse and a screw flew out with the paint.

After this i took a pic of we're the crew came from (which was in the mag).. Then i unscrewed the hop of the gun and found the bold seal that had broken and come loose..

The pictures will be attached to this thread..

Now i just would like a refund.. I have said i will pay my postage to send it back.. The guy is a guanine guy and seems like a nice fella..

He said he tested it before he sent it and so i can understand that he doesn't want to do a refund or anything but from my point of veiw i have received a broken good..

I don't want to name hi, because he is a nice guy, i just would like my money back :)..

What should I do??

Attachments

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
First thing to do is politely approach the seller and explain the situation and ask nicely if you can return it for a refund. If you attack him full force, he is likely to not want to deal with you, so give him the benefit of the doubt and use some manners :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Perhaps if you'd tested it immediately upon receipt you would have had a better case.

Seals and orings degrade, they will all need replacing at some point, you could equally have been unlucky. Really, it's not up to us to decide the outcome here, more for you two to thrash out between you.

perhaps if the original seller agreed to pay for the replacement seal?

Reactions: Rat

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
true mate.. and i tested it 2 days after it was delivered dusty :)

and ok hopefully he will reply to me.. i keep seeing him appear online but never answering messages :)

cheers

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
Its always a good idea to check screws and seals when you buy a used marker. Personally i would rebuild the marker with the screw replaced and new seals before hunting down a refund. It can just be down to luck that the seal broke when you tested it and an oring is cheaper than postage.

Last edited:

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Perhaps if you'd tested it immediately upon receipt you would have had a better case.

Seals and orings degrade, they will all need replacing at some point, you could equally have been unlucky. Really, it's not up to us to decide the outcome here, more for you two to thrash out between you.

perhaps if the original seller agreed to pay for the replacement seal?
I have re-looked at his thread and there wasnt a vouch.. would u be able to see who has vouched for him in the past and i can ask them if they have contact details for him please..

If this is a problem then dont worry cheers :)

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Its always a good idea to check screws and seals when you buy a used marker. Personally i would rebuild the marker with the screw replaced and new seals before hunting down a refund. It can just be down to luck that the seal broke when you tested it and an oring is cheaper than postage.
this is true mate... but after only shooting it twice all this happened.... what may happen after using it in a game :p

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
I have re-looked at his thread and there wasnt a vouch.. would u be able to see who has vouched for him in the past and i can ask them if they have contact details for him please..

If this is a problem then dont worry cheers :)
I will happily vouch for him any day of the week with anything!

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
It's not my place to give out his personal contact number but I will talk to him

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.