Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

american vs euro style?

iplaymindgames

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
i noticed a lot of people including pgi generalizes styles of play claiming american style to be all out offense (because of more sponsors and more money to spend) compared to european style which is more defensive

what type of style are you all?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
That doesn't make any sense. Defensive play usually eats up more paint, as you just dig in and try to keep the other team away by hurling paint. Although the amount of paint that US teams on avarage put in the air seems to be greater than the amount of paint Euro teams put in the air, I wouldn't say that either continent is more aggressive or defensive.

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
eeermmm...i thought there is a rumour that strange for example plays a "counterpunch-style" which sounds a bit defensive to me and dynasty plays all out aggressive, which sounds offensive to me...both are from the us...naughty dogs and bushwackers, ive heard, play more defensive style, oakland assassins and aftershock, are said to, play more offensive, they are all from the us...what is this post all about? dont play dopedmindgames :p :D

Team Demonic

Bunker Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Visit site
i would'nt say that any continent seems to play that much differently.

The thing that i reckon percives the Americans as more aggressive is that if you look at just a simple pre game psyche up you see the yanks running round slapping each other on the back and what not, where as the europeans take a more conservitive approach to psyching up.

So at the end of the day the yanks are just louder slightly more extroverted.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
I'd say defensive and offensive has alot to do with Movement and getting players outta or into key bunkers. Watch Dynasty in the Finals at Huntingdon Beach and their movement in some games was awesome. Offensive I think involves more movement and pinching out players by getting into key bunkers rather than sitting behind a nice huge coke can going brrrrrrrrrr.rrrrrrrrrrr.rrrrrrrrrrr.rrrrrrrrrr.rrrrrrrrrr.rrrrrrrrr

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
i find that teams will play to there strengths like dynasty play aggresive cos thats how they play best and strange are a counterpunch sort of team. so they do what there best at.

simple

kyle

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
American teams (from pro to rookie), generally, are more aggressive than their European counterparts, now I know there are some excpetions but I'm afraid the general description still stands.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Call me stupid.....but why....

Why do American Teams seem more aggressive?

Why are European Teams deemed as less aggressive?

Think about it, it's 7 guys, shooting 7 markers and playing as a team, surely the style of play is down to the individuals working together within that team, as oppossed to the Country they come from.

Dynasty - Agressive

* Young lads all pumped up want to go make killer moves and are fast, confident, smallish....

Strange - Counterpunch

* Older heads in the team like to analyse the game and make the moves when the oppertunity arises.

RL - Tactical Team

Well trained and disciplined, work well as a team, no direct style i.e. aggressive or defensive...

see where I'm going?

If for example the UK or any other Country pulled 7-10 kids together, trained them hard enough, gave them attitude then would they be as good as Dynasty?

Again only my thoughts, but I don't see why the Country you play in should determine your playing style....

Sid

Clan - mixture old and new.....getting there.....in our own time :)

Equus

Honk! Parp! Toot!
Oct 12, 2001
London
Visit site
Originally posted by Sid

Again only my thoughts, but I don't see why the Country you play in should determine your playing style....

Sid

It kind of does,

If most of your local teams tend to play agressivly you either need to be as agressive as them or a really strong defencive team to stand a chance, this'll result in most teams in an area playing to with the same style. In America its evolved into a strong, fast paced game with lots of movement. In Europe its ended up as a more restrained game.

In general population terms (hurrah for stereotyping) the Americans are seen as more agressive and louder than Europeans. As much of a cliche as it seems its and the tourney results certainly speak for themselves, the USA dominates at this sport.

Until European teams learn to play a more agressive game we will continue to get panned.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Sid
Call me stupid.....but why....
Why do American Teams seem more aggressive?
Why are European Teams deemed as less aggressive?
Think about it, it's 7 guys, shooting 7 markers and playing as a team, surely the style of play is down to the individuals working together within that team, as oppossed to the Country they come from.
Dynasty - Agressive
* Young lads all pumped up want to go make killer moves and are fast, confident, smallish....
Strange - Counterpunch
* Older heads in the team like to analyse the game and make the moves when the oppertunity arises.
RL - Tactical Team
Well trained and disciplined, work well as a team, no direct style i.e. aggressive or defensive...
see where I'm going?
If for example the UK or any other Country pulled 7-10 kids together, trained them hard enough, gave them attitude then would they be as good as Dynasty?
Sid

Sid, I believe your thinking is flawed on many levels :-

Firstly, the Americans 'seem' more aggressive because they are, pure and simple, their teams move more !!!

The Euro teams are deemed less aggressive because they don't move as much as the Yanks....that's a no brainer !!

We are talking comparatively here !

As for saying 'Different countries can't have different styles',... why not?
They do I'm afraid...you can hypothesise all ya like but it's out there....just look at the way Italian football differed from English or that of the Germans in the 60's and 70's before it all got mixed up.

You say 'Dynasty are aggressive'....that much is correct :)

Strange, you describe as counterpunch which tells half the story, these guys will come at you, make no mistake about that !!!
This is not an emergent property of older heads, if it were, Aftershock would be the same, they ain't.

RL you describe as a tactical team, no way !!!!
They are a technical team.
I don't really know what you mean by saying they have no direct style, I think you are trying to say, you believe they can't be described as aggressive or defensive.
If this is the case, then RL are aggressive, ever played them ?
They are gonna come at ya.

In conclusion, different nations can give rise to different styles, we see this phenomenon in many other sports.

If you need proof, either ask somebody who has extensive experience of either playing or observing both sides of the Atlantic, or go and see for yerself mate.
You can theorise all ya like as ya sit behind a computer but if ya wanna know the truth, you gotta get out there and watch mate.