Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

angel speed 04

JJA5

Platinum Member
May 13, 2006
Guernsey Channel Islands
Hi,
Having Been A milsim man for a while I'm just getting into Tourny play. I've been offer a angel speed04 for a good price Whats peoples opion on this gun? Has anybody got some links on the tech aspects of it ie instruction etc and what upgrades i can fit to it?

As you can tell i am a new to this side of PB but if you want me to strip and rebuild your Tippmann blindfolded in the dark I'm your man!

thanks in advance!

pJervis

isle of butts
Nov 10, 2005
newtown,powys
Visit site
speed04

I own a speed04, its my first marker and i love it. i have tried ions and cockers but i think the speed04 is a much better all round starter marker, its reliable as hell, needs next to no setting up and keeps up fine with competetors. when i go to a site with a couple of mates the cocker guy is faffing with his regs and the ion guy is weeping because its having a bad day, i'm always the first out there! give it time and you'll be stripping angels in the dark too ;)

pete

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
www.angelowners.com is the best place to start. I would recommend the soft-nose bolt if you can still get one - oh - and maybe a clamping feedneck (the gated feed can be a little tight on eggs etc).

I run my 04 on stock internals (besides the bolt) - and never get a chop with half decent paint. The spitfire mod is a good one - eyes and ramping - see John C or Tom Allen for more info on that (or www.spitfirepaintball.co.uk).

There are a few 'ghetto' mods out there as well - but the elastic band over the leaf spring (don't be tempted to bend the leaf spring) is a good one. I'd leave the others alone - as you won't need them at first.

Welcome to the 'club' :)

HTH

JJA5

Platinum Member
May 13, 2006
Guernsey Channel Islands
Cheers

I'll Have a look there!

Just been Looking through the manual and Came across the dwell setting.

Can somebody Explain this to Me what Dwell is? As My A5 Didn't have a Adjustment for it! LOL ;)

Cheers

Dwell is the time in miliseconds that the solenoid is activated for.
A longer dwell results in the valve being held open for longer.

On your A5 this would have been controled by the mechanics of the gun but on the Angel it is controlled by the circuit board.

If your gun is working fine, then there is no need to change the dwell.
However problems to do with inefficiency and loud firing noise can be related to too high a dwell value.
Inconcistency and drop off can be caused by too low a dwell value.