Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Avalanche Cheating?

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
True Robbo

BUT for me the especially nasty thing in that ocassion was, that before the game the two teams schmoozed and cracked jokes. Then after the game (wich booted RL out of the finals) Gloryboy just walked out of the field not giving attention to the controversy he created...

For the record I dont say they are the ONLY cheaters in this game!!!!!
But someone so much "in the spotlight" should at least consider calling himself out when he is goggled and advancing towards the crowded spectator area.

Being the Ace in the game brings fame BUT its also responsibility wich some ppl forget.

That game costed RL the finals and it was one of the rare ocassion when I saw Sergei complaining to the judges.

Peace

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by acsik
True Robbo
BUT for me the especially nasty thing in that ocassion was, that before the game the two teams schmoozed and cracked jokes. Then after the game (wich booted RL out of the finals) Gloryboy just walked out of the field not giving attention to the controversy he created...
For the record I dont say they are the ONLY cheaters in this game!!!!!
But someone so much "in the spotlight" should at least consider calling himself out when he is goggled and advancing towards the crowded spectator area.
Being the Ace in the game brings fame BUT its also responsibility wich some ppl forget.
That game costed RL the finals and it was one of the rare ocassion when I saw Sergei complaining to the judges.
Peace
Hey Acsik, I hear ya and I 100% agree with everything you just said !!!
Robbo

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
:)

My life hasn't been worthless after all!

The only problem that it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, when I give out HARD earned cash for the products of the sponsors of this ppl.
Through my and other ppl's money theese blokes are able to play for free (sometimes even for money) they are the so called pinnacle of our sport.
Yet by the way they behave they disrespecting the ppl who pay their bills, their sponsors and get away with it!

And thats ignorance and just plain wrong.

If there is need for more refs on the field then be it, put more bloody refs on the bloody field. If we ever get to the mainstream media theese quirks must be worked out or bye- bye creditibility...

peace

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by acsik
My life hasn't been worthless after all!
The only problem that it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, when I give out HARD earned cash for the products of the sponsors of this ppl.
Through my and other ppl's money theese blokes are able to play for free (sometimes even for money) they are the so called pinnacle of our sport.
Yet by the way they behave they disrespecting the ppl who pay their bills, their sponsors and get away with it!
And thats ignorance and just plain wrong.
If there is need for more refs on the field then be it, put more bloody refs on the bloody field. If we ever get to the mainstream media theese quirks must be worked out or bye- bye creditibility...
peace
Hmmm, you are now pushing the envelope back a little, that sponsorship / hard earned cash example is a well worn out, ill thought out / ignorant line of thinking in my opinion.
Nobody are saints for God's sake, if you got no sin, then you cast the first stone but 99.99999 % of us have cheated at some time in this game so please don't try to assume the moral high ground and suggest you are affronted at the prospect of buying stuff from a company who sponsors this team or that.

Do you not buy Nike shoes just because Michael Jordan fouled somebody on the basketball court?

Should you not buy Nike products because Figo, Renaldo and Henry fouled people on the soccer field ?

Or do you boycott Adidas because Beckham has fouled people ?

Of course you don't and nor does any sane person !!
Please endeavour to introduce at least a modicum of common sense here and not allow jealousy to creep into your posts because that's the only reason I can see for making a point like that, either that or you are a Domincan monk :)
Robbo

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
I am a Domincan Monk!!! (only not) :)

*took the easy way*

jealousy?

Mmmm maybe.. Im man enough to admit it. Ofcourse Im not jealous about the playing prowess of theese ppl.

Im from Eastern Europe yet our team attends Milleneum Events its a HUGE expense for us since the salaries here are not exactly match western levels. And when we go to an international tournament unsponsored and make it into the semis/finals sometimes even winning stuff. Im hoping for something coming our way, but they say from Eastern Europe?? Naaah....maybe sometime. But we keep on and try...

Then you see this ppl blatantly cheat its a bit of a letdown..

peace

Jewelz

R0wr
Apr 10, 2002
Virginia
www.hometown.aol.com
Originally posted by Robbo
Let's face it Jewelz, it's highly likely that every team there cheated at one time or other and therefore unfair to single Avalanche out out on the basis of hearsay.
It would certainly have been more appropriate had the subject of your post been entitled, 'All Teams Cheat' ?.
Robbo
Sorry Robbo, remember I dont know much and I never expected Pro teams to cheat....if I had then I woulda named it 'all teams cheat?' I didnt mean to imply anything bad about Avalanche cuz I really like them. I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything.

My Apologies..

And Ronn....I play ay Pevs in woodbridge whenever I have the money.

pro_pain24

Apr 29, 2002
under a rock
www.geocities.com
Agree

I agree with Robbo that someone cheats 99.999999% of the time. I have paintballed with alot of different people and it never fails to see the winning team walk off with paint smeared somewhere on them. God knows i have. Especially if it is right at the begining of the game. I havent ever played in a tournment before though so i dont know what id do there.:confused:

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Avalanche are passionate about paintball, it means everything to them and they have a great image (like an all star football team) which is something this sport needs more than anything else, fair play included. Hypocritical people, and there are many on this board, piss me off when they start going on about people who are basically 'ambassadors' for our sport!

This reply is not directed at anyone, its just lil ol me speaking my brains. If you dont like it, get screw...

Matty D

Solonor

Ok,I'm sure that you've watched most mainstream sports like football or basketball (especially here in Greece :) ) and of course you'll all have noticed that ALL players cheat in a way. Actually cheating has become a part of their game. You can see some guys pretending like hell and getting "unfair" fouls easily and they're called "good defensive players".
In paintball things are a bit more clear of course.Wiping SUCKS BIF TIME. But I think that when the sport gets bigger we could afford to let all responsibilities to the judges.
Respect