Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Axe Pro Upgrades - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Queries' started by Dantethevamp, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Dantethevamp Member

Dantethevamp
    Message Count:
    Just curious as to who has upgraded or modified their Axe Pro. Don't get me wrong, the gun is great straight out of the box, but a little tuning makes a world of difference. So far I've only managed the following upgrades:

Lurker Bolt
    Lurker Poppet
    Freak Barrel Kit

Post your photos if you've got them, tuning advice, and any mods or upgrades you've made!

2. olliewidd Well-Known Member

olliewidd
    Message Count:
    Id advise against any of the bolt/upgrades for the axe mate. Theyre more often than not total gimmicks. Stick with the stock bolt and poppit. Ive tried the majority of them on my axe and i always went back to the stock stuff as it gave the best shot and best efficiency. Freak barrel kit is always a good purchase though bud.

3. Dantethevamp Member

Dantethevamp
    Message Count:
    Yeah, the biggest issue I've had since switching is getting tuned the way Lurker says it should be. If I can't manage a decent shot with it I'll just go back to stock! It's a real shame though given the efficiencies that should be possible with it.

4. dfr350 Well-Known Member

dfr350
    Message Count:
    I had a lurker bolt in an axe. I could not get the poppet to work at all so gave up on that. I tuned it by screwing the rear velocity adjuster all the way in (min velocity) and then drop the air pleasure to 140 or so and then over a chrono dial the velocity adjuster out slowly until you get to the velocity you want. Each axe is different and this seems to be the only way to sort it I found.

Dantethevamp likes this.
  5. Dantethevamp Member

Dantethevamp
    Message Count:
    Yeah, the I managed to get it working in my back garden but it failed when I took it to the field. Granted, that was one of the coldest days of the year so I'm sure that had some bearing on it.