Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bad sellers?

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
The problem is trusted sellers can sometimes be a problem as well. Some people have been dealing on here for years then all of a sudden someone has trouble with them. Now the problem here is they will be in the trusted sellers group so people deal with them and then get rinsed (I know I did a few years back, only on a small scale though)

Or you have the problem of when do people become trusted sellers, 10 sales, 20 sales, 100 sales? and is this not what plat staus and feedback is for?

Also what stops people making a few low budget deals in preparation for the motherload scam?

You also have the issue of some people are just out to scam. I once dealt with a guy who sent a cheque, and asked me 2 days later why he had not recieved his item, I told him why (then he gave me a sob story about how it would go through and he was in a hurry for the item) so I sent him the item, he cancelled the cheque and dissapeared. Luckily I sent it by courier and I rang them so they didnt deliver it but could have been bad for me.

Personally I think the feedback is already doing the job. If someone is buying something then they should check to see if the seller has feedback, if not then its their own fault for dealing with them if things go Pete Tong. Same goes for buyers, I always do my research on people who buy from me if they are new on the block, a few clicks and you can find an lot out :)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it....

If buyers are not sure they can use paypal without money owed, ok there are fees to deal with but atleast they are as protected as the seller.

The great thing on here is people can see what is going on and it is becoming a very well organised close knit community, people can smell a rat pretty quick and the Mods do an excellent job.

Scams happen on Ebay as well as on here remember. Just look at all the years of Microsoft Dodgy software that is only now calming down.

dave t

GWC #25
Oct 25, 2001
North East
Visit site
like the idea of a group for trusted sellers
isn't that the ''Approved Trader Feedback Forum''...
if anyone is not sure because there is little or no feedback, then dont be cheap and pay the paypal fees for the added protection :rolleyes:

personally I think a few more of us should follow Codiaks lead and name the crappy sellers and buyers in our sigs :D