Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bad sellers?

marcg1587

carsegate cougars
Oct 4, 2008
inverness
You basically have your answer there mate,only buy from trusted sellers who have feedback or take your chances.At the end of the day there are always going to be people out there looking to screw you over.Also as a buyer feedback can still be left for you.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Bit of scaremongering going on here:eek:..I've bought and sold quite a bit on here and my biggest whinge (as can be atested too) is how long it takes some people to post...:D
I don't think there are many bad experiences on here in comparisson to how much is sold..most of the time wasters turn out to be dreamers...:D
Established members always come through it's usually the newer ones you have to watch for.

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
I try to only buy from guys with feedback threads, its not fool proof but its as good as I need! Really should get my self a plat membership and set one up myself!

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
While under the influence of a few beers I had the idea of creating a so called "trusted sellers group" and only inviting in those who have a decent proven track record, maybe even make little sig image a bit like the GWC.

won't be perfect as you cant vet all buyers.

I'll do it if anyone thinks its worth doing?

just5

egoist
Mar 13, 2009
I know I have a low post count, but I intend on staying here for a while :p The only thing that I have encountered is that people lead to you believe they will buy/sell and then they just ignore you and dont reply. Dont even bother giving some excuse or just simply saying they dont want to sell anymore. I have to say no to other people who are willing to buy/sell their things just to be ignored by some other clown :(

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
While under the influence of a few beers I had the idea of creating a so called "trusted sellers group" and only inviting in those who have a decent proven track record, maybe even make little sig image a bit like the GWC.

I quite like that idea because it ensures our members against some of the things that occasionally happen on these boards .....hmmm. lemme think awhile ......keep me posted Codiak with any ideas please (PM me I mean).

Cheers

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
I quite like that idea because it ensures our members against some of the things that occasionally happen on these boards .....hmmm. lemme think awhile ......keep me posted Codiak with any ideas please (PM me I mean).

Cheers
Couldn't you use the feedback thread for this?

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
www.worldatwarpaintball.com

Sounds like a good idea mate there are a few scallywags on here,,and it would make it easier for buyers and sellers knowing who not to deal with.
and people having to prove themselves as a "good trader" making it a safer place to buy and sell:)

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy

The problem is trusted sellers can sometimes be a problem as well. Some people have been dealing on here for years then all of a sudden someone has trouble with them. Now the problem here is they will be in the trusted sellers group so people deal with them and then get rinsed (I know I did a few years back, only on a small scale though)

Or you have the problem of when do people become trusted sellers, 10 sales, 20 sales, 100 sales? and is this not what plat staus and feedback is for?

Also what stops people making a few low budget deals in preparation for the motherload scam?

You also have the issue of some people are just out to scam. I once dealt with a guy who sent a cheque, and asked me 2 days later why he had not recieved his item, I told him why (then he gave me a sob story about how it would go through and he was in a hurry for the item) so I sent him the item, he cancelled the cheque and dissapeared. Luckily I sent it by courier and I rang them so they didnt deliver it but could have been bad for me.

Personally I think the feedback is already doing the job. If someone is buying something then they should check to see if the seller has feedback, if not then its their own fault for dealing with them if things go Pete Tong. Same goes for buyers, I always do my research on people who buy from me if they are new on the block, a few clicks and you can find an lot out :)