Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ball Breakages In my new ETEK4LT

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
hello i am having an unusual amount of barrel breakages in my 3 month old etek4 lt. i have used a variety of paint and tested all 3 firing modes on various different settings, yet i appear to break roughly 2 or 3 balls for every 100 or so shots fired. The breakages leave paint mainly in the barrel, and i very rarely find any paint in the breach, so i know that the eyes are not being blocked as a consequence. there is never any shell left in the marker. i have used a variety of loaders with appropriate settings, and have not tightened the feed neck too much.

are there any suggestions as too why this might be. thanks for your time.

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
The only thing it could be is the paint if it's in the barrel mate or you might have a nick or a burr internally

Edit

Have you tried a different barrel?

Last edited:

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
yes i have so far tried a variety of paint, a stiffi, and an Freak kit. so the issue of barrel bores covered, im certain there are no nicks on the inside on the chassy, so wandering if its possible there is a air problem!?

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Have a look at the detents to make sure they are not broken. Did it only start happening recently with the colder weather?

I suspect its the paint. If its not true winter paint as the weather gets colder unless its a winter paint you will start to experience barrel brakes. I bet if you got the paint that was braking and warm it up, it would shoot fine.