Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Banned paint colors

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
When/why did Orange and Pink paint get banned?

Seems that the default is now yellow...basically due to Evil back in the day.

Although I know I shot Orange Hellfire for loads and loads of events in the states. Just curious if anyone knows when/why orange and pink were nixed.

Red...that's been banned for 20+ years because it can be confused with blood.

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
Are you talking about in some sort of tournament? Or in general? Because I've shot Orange, Pink and Red filled paint at my local site within the last year. ( Mostly Tomahawk paint, you can see all the fill colours they offer on the products page, Orange, Pink and Red (y) :http://www.tomahawkpaintballs.com/home.asp ) Excellent paint by the way. Highly reccomended.

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
Recently there has been a change in colour, orange fill was the main tourney fill and I think it still is in the uk but they are moving over to yellow since the influx of PB gear with an orange colour ie dyes kit or eclipse hunter colour schemes guns. Even the ref jerseys have moved from black/white to orange/white and now yellow/white/black (dyes ref shirt)

There maybe other reasons for the change but the only one I can see is the lack of interest from players in yellow kit and the release of the new orange stuff.

Reactions: Spikerz

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It is a myth that red is banned
Many people do not like it because it is red

Banned colours only realy apply to tournaments, and the ban is on the use of the colour in your equipment, not a ban on the paint colour

When in an organised tournament you are required to use the selected colour paint of that tournament, in the uk that's currently yellow

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I believe red should be banned by sites insurance policies just to make first aid easier.

KP01

Apr 7, 2014
I was always under the impression that red was banned >.> I know that every time I've been to NPF they've used a yellow fill.

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
It's not banned but it's definitely looked down on. Under any kind of reasonable inspection it's unlikely that anyone would confuse red paint and blood, but given how quickly the game moves, how quickly decisions need to be made and how difficult playing conditions can be (e.g. in the woods, or a large scenario field where referees often aren't just metres away) red paint is a terrible idea.

As others have said the paint colour for tournaments is part of the rules so that people can pick appropriate gear for the tournament. We shoot all kinds of colours at our local site, though the majority seem to be yellow/orange (I hate green, it's murder to get that out of white playing gear!)

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`ve been pulled for having a yellow dial on my air bottle before now,
have any colour you want but DONT have yellow in/on it.

Reactions: Canon Fodder