Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel?

Timewass

Jul 17, 2002
Nanty Glo, PA
Visit site
I just got a Viewloaded Genesis and like it a lot. My problem is this. My shots are not very consistant. I had it in a gun vise in my yard shotting at a tree and I never hit the same spot twice. Would a barrel upgrade help me with this problem?
If so what barrel would you recomend?

Oh... and will firing my gun with no paint hurt anything?

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
1st Dry firing (fireing with no paint) won't damage your marker.

2nd'ly your accuracy problem is probably down to your barrel and your air system. Im guessing that you use Co2, on your Genesis, this will mean that shot to shot FPS can vary quite greatly. This isn't necessarily inaccurate, but you would find it harder to judge the accurate distance your marker will shoot, if the velocity changes every shot.

Your barrel is probably has quite a large bore size, meaning that a good range of paint can be shot through it without breaking. But you suffer from in-efficiency, and in-accuracy. A new barrel will help but you have to find what is the best for the paint your using.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
The quality of the paint & how i's been stored is another factor you have to take into consideration. Low quality paint can have an uneven shell or even slightly differeng sizes in the same batch, and in poorly stored paint the fill tends to be uneven making one side of the ball heavier. Next time you try, use a decent quality paint (e.g. Blaze, definitely NOT Brass Eagle!) and make sure that if it isn't fresh then it's been kept at the right temperature & turned every couple of days.

Timewass

Jul 17, 2002
Nanty Glo, PA
Visit site
That paint quality may be my issue. I am (newbie here) using Brass Eagle paint. I'm going to have to get some online. There are no retailers in my area that sell anything but BE.

magzZ

Jul 18, 2002
Jersey!
Visit site
brass eagle paint!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay AWAY from brass eagle paintballs!! they suck.. i had the same problom.. the paintballs are anything but rounds. go wit RPS premiums or any RPS paintballs. they are the best out there.. dont get brass eagle wen u get these try it it again and see how good ur accuracy is

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Timewass
That paint quality may be my issue. I am (newbie here) using Brass Eagle paint. I'm going to have to get some online. There are no retailers in my area that sell anything but BE.
If you have any sites local to you, try asking the owner if he/she will sell you some extra paint. Most site owners are nice people & should oblige you with a case.

Timewass

Jul 17, 2002
Nanty Glo, PA
Visit site
Well I tried a case of Diablo paint and it was actually worse than BE. My shots were wildly inacurate and I had a few breaks in the barrel. I cleaned and checked that barrell and it's noce and clean and smooth. I'm going to go with a case of RPS next time and see how that does. I have seen pics on the net of paint that looks to be all one solid piece, no seams. All the Diablo and BE paint I've shot is the two piece shell kind. Is RPS a one or two piece shell? I would think a one piece shell with no seams would be much more accurate and go down that barrel much easier than something with an uneven seam. Let me know.

Thanks for the info.

SHERIFF

LT-KILLER #O6
Jul 22, 2002
ESSEX
WWW.LTPAINTBALL.COM
if you get paint of one colour and look at it you will see the seam.
your barrel will be the best thing to look at what gun are you playing with.
try and get a few barrels with a range of bore sizes and try again the paint should not roll out of the barrel or be to tight.:D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
The way paintballs are manufactured means they all have a seam. The fact that a reasonable brand is causing as many problems as BE (reknowned as just about the worst you can get!) suggests that it is likely to be the barrel rather than the paint.
Whereabouts in the marker/barrel are you getting breaks? And how consistent is your velocity?

Timewass

Jul 17, 2002
Nanty Glo, PA
Visit site
I am getting breaks right about in the middle of the barrel all the way up to just then the paint exits the barrel. i had a few that looked like they exploded just as they came out of the barrel. My velocity is consistant. I've adjusted it down to 250 fps just so I could rule out there being too much presure in the barrel. The paint all seems to just slide in the barrell. It doesn't just roll out and it's not tight. I've actually just started in a league near my house and I was designated the sniper so I bought a 21" barrel and we'll see how that goes.