Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

best air compressor

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
only real home compressor that exists as far as i know is the 'shoe box'. noisy as hell, takes like 24 hours to fill and will probably run your electricity bill up to somewhere level with Nigeria's national debt. Oh and i've never even heard of them being sold this side of the pond!

Like frenchy said, get a dive tank and use that instead :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
To check your gun at home, just use the air you have after you have played.
e.g. don't spend five minutes shooting bushes with your leftover paint at the end of the day and you will have the air to check for leaks and some test shots after cleaning up / servicing etc

If you don't have enough air after the last game, and the site have shut down the fill stations then consider a spare cylinder an investment (About £30 for a 3000psi and fill it sometime on site during the day)

A compressor that can run the required pressures will cost serious money
If you do need more air, and it is practical, then a scuba cylinder and fill rig will set you back a lot less then a compressor

Other obscure options are a 'shoe box' compressor - still costs a bit, is doubtful to be available in theUK without extra expense, and just gives extra pressure to an existing source. These will also take hours to fill. (They are designed for people in the middle of nowhere)

Or a stirrup pump - You would get a serious amount of exercise for not a lot of air

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Or a stirrup pump - You would get a serious amount of exercise for not a lot of air
if i'm thinking of the right thing, i seen this bad boy on techpb and its something crazy like 1 rep gets you a couple psi. and of course it gets harder the higher the pressure is.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Some info here from air gunners
http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/197994-pump-or-dive-tank/

Stirrup pump

With any solution take care to note the pressures involved as most are quoted in bar rather than psi
Note 300bar is nearer to 4500psi - NOT 3000psi (232bar)

When you fill from a scuba cylinder the pressure is always dropping, a 232bar cylinder is cheaper but you get less fills, a 300bar cylinder is more expensive and you won't get constant 4500fills, but get usable fills for longer
For consistency don't fill to the maximum, and for as many fills as possible don't drain your paintball cylinder - keep topping it up

Also note the retest frequencies for dive cylinders are shorter
You can have a 'surface use only' dive cylinder which only needs testing every 5 years, but it must have a surface valve and not a divers breathing valve

Last edited:

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
for about 3.5k you can get a bauer junior2 that will serve a small dive party so should be ok for team training etc but not a big tournament