Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Butt Plate or Drop Forward?

Manning26

Well Emerson, if your bottle is sliding all over on your shoulder, then get a butt-plate. If you want a drop-forward, just be sure it's not so far forward that the back of your gun is touching your goggles, or in case of a 'Cocker, or similar type of gun, HITTING you in the lens. The first 'Cocker I ever owned ended up with a drop on it until I started beating the hell out of my goggles with the back block. So yeah, that didn't last too long.;)

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
also depends where u like to play. if you play up fount the a drop forward will help you get close in to bunkers. However if you play back then a but plate will give you a stedy gun for better aim.

Chris[SAD YG]

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
Well, what do you like? Do you like the stock feel on your shoulder? If so, you can get a drop forward, then instal a stock of somekind. If you don't want to spent the cash, just get a butt plate. If you don't want to stock feel, just get a dropforward.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Definitely getting a drop forward...

I found this kit on acepaintball.com for a Spyder Compact that comes with an expansion chamber, a regulator, a bottom line, a drop forward and a foregrip, for $48! :D

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Yep, some day you might be as good a rapper as that Fred Durst wannabe Buddha. :D

Anyway, I doubt that the quality of these things is top-of-the-line, but, hey, I'm the same paintballer with a Spyder Compact 2000! If I had the ca$h I wouldve just bought an automag or a spyder xtra or some other, higher-end marker.

If the things don't work I'll just use the advice I gave to Brian, demand a refund and if it isn't granted I'll go to Ace Paintball's store and I'll spray dishwashing detergent all over everything, let loose an army of killer-butterflies that were previously rubbed down with Peanut Butter. That should do the trick. :D