Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

buy/sell idea

viirkokka

Dec 11, 2008
South West
Just a thought; When im searching for an item in the sell section and open a thread and it says "sold please delete" or whatever it's pretty frustrating, what about if threads in the buy/sell section had a button you can press to alert the mods to it so they can delete it next time they do a cleanup?

Also, another idea but I don't know whether people will like it or not; when an item is sold, the original post with asking price is left intact so people can still see the kind of current asking price for that item.

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Just a thought; When im searching for an item in the sell section and open a thread and it says "sold please delete" or whatever it's pretty frustrating, what about if threads in the buy/sell section had a button you can press to alert the mods to it so they can delete it next time they do a cleanup?

Also, another idea but I don't know whether people will like it or not; when an item is sold, the original post with asking price is left intact so people can still see the kind of current asking price for that item.
they do have a system to alert the mods, its called report post top right triangle shaped, weather it should be used to clean up sale threads is another story.

viirkokka

Dec 11, 2008
South West
they do have a system to alert the mods, its called report post top right triangle shaped, weather it should be used to clean up sale threads is another story.
Yeah I realise, just it'd be cool to have a button that was only in the classifieds forum otherwise using the "Alert" button implies it breaks the rules in some manner.

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
The mods do a damn good job. A few things dont make sense.

- If you want the thread deleted if its sold, the first post will go too.
- Why would you want to know how much it was if you have missed out (maybe thats leading to your irritation of missing out).

As Codiak said you can report it, but please don't use it as all the mods get an email and its not really needed.

Just learn to be quicker and less nosey. Alot less work for all really.

viirkokka

Dec 11, 2008
South West
The mods do a damn good job. A few things dont make sense.

- If you want the thread deleted if its sold, the first post will go too.
- Why would you want to know how much it was if you have missed out (maybe thats leading to your irritation of missing out).

As Codiak said you can report it, but please don't use it as all the mods get an email and its not really needed.

Just learn to be quicker and less nosey. Alot less work for all really.
hey, i appreciate the mods do a good job, I just thought it might make their lives a little easier.

It's not "nosey" because it's not about whose selling what and how much for, it's more like getting a benchmark of how much you'd pay for a given item or even how much you should sell your same item for.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff

When a classified thread has finished we move it to the graveyard, where it can still be viewed.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...which is the best idea as I buy loads of stuff - but I can never remember who off (old age).

It does seem to take a while to get stuff in the Graveyard though - but mods have lives as well I suppose ;).

G

Gassy

The mods do a damn good job.

1st bit ,thank you:)

2nd bit ,for the love of god no i get enough stuff in my inbox as it is :eek:;):p

viirkokka

Dec 11, 2008
South West
i didn't invision it as mark it and the mods get an e-mail, i was thinking more like:
1) the thread is marked, it is added to a list (similar to subscribing to a thread except only the mods can see the list)
2) Mods can then check threads on the list and delete them.

Anyway, just an idea