Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying New Markers...

TheMemphosProject

Feb 26, 2012
Birmingham
I'm just wondering if it's worth buying a marker brand new - if so, please explain why :)

I've got the cash to do so but should I save a bit and get one second hand?

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
As much as i would love to buy and own a brand new marker, i just cant bring myself to do it.

Mainly because of the thought of getting the gun and hating it, i really wanted a Luxe and thought about getting a 2.0, however after having a go on a team mates, i actually found out i hated everything about the feel of it and so that would of been a few hundred quid wasted on a £1200 gun, after having to sell it with barely any use for a cut price.

However i did buy a brand new Axe, but only because i got it for a VERY good price, and had a go with one before hand.

My advice is try as may guns as you can, whenever you can, so you know what you like and what you dont like.
As i have only been playing tournies 6 months and have already had 5 guns, and finally settling with a geo2....for now.

Just my 2p anyways ;)

automag

Jan 14, 2008
As Sanchez say's

If you can try before hand it will help you in the long run. You may not get the feel in a couple of shots but if you can play a game it will give you a good idea. Then if you want to buy a new gun at least you have a idea of what it feels like and may not be selling it in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Sanchez

TheMemphosProject

Feb 26, 2012
Birmingham
Thanks to the both of you for your input :)

I was thinking of buying an Etek 3 - I've used my mates Etek 2 at a couple of Super 6 events and I love it!! :p

cambojnr

People on here are tighter than a nuns nunny.
Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
plus with buying new you get the advantage of a warranty as I've had to sent my etek back twice with problems such as faulty inline regulator and rammer housing damage which was replaced at no charge apart from postage to them.

automag

Jan 14, 2008
You will not be disappointed with the Etek 3 and Planets custom service is great.

To be honest the dealings I have hand with Planet (marker) and Dye (goggles and Rotor) I can not fault and would recommend them any day of the week. :)

TheMemphosProject

Feb 26, 2012
Birmingham
Thanks for the replies, guys :)

I think I am going to buy the AM Etek 3, I can get the colour scheme I want and the POPS ASA (again, same colour scheme) for £490 - shipped :D

Last edited:

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Could get a mint Geo2 or 2011 Ego for around that price, not new i know, but much better guns. ;)