Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Calling all Nations Cup X-Ball commissioners

R

raehl

Actually...

No, the event proved you were wrong. I said it couldn't be done without raising prices.

Prices were raised. In addition, the event STILL lost tens of thousands of dollars. If losing tens of thousands of dollars per event is acceptable, then of course anyone can run a good event in the US.

Unless they've got a sponsor willing to dump that much cash on a regular basis however, they can't keep that up for very long. One can only hope that S7's investment will pay off and they can grab enough sponsors to make that up. I think it's possible, but it'll be tough.

What I was mainly getting at though was that my thesis then, as it is now, is that running events is a right pain in the ass, something you seemed to think wasn't the case, and now that you're more in the promoter's shoes, you're delivering exactly the same verbage you were bashing them a mere few months ago.

It should also be pointed out that S7 got good reffing for one very big reason: They paid for it. Millenium this past weekend apparently proved that reffing for points is just never going to get you quality officiating, despite your grand "standards and monitoring scheme". (Yes, I also realize you were not responsible for the 7-man reffing.)

- Chris