Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can u mod a digi cam into a helemt cam

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
dont try it but what my GINGER friend did at skiin was put his phone inside his googles to video it. but he could only see out of one eye:p

dont do it lol:)

i was gonna say duct tape it to your goggs but it would probably just fall off:rolleyes:

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
Why not stick a digicam to someone elses head then it won't get in the way when you try to play! LOL You also get to record from the others players as they shoot at you..if you don't shoot back you won't damage your digicam either!

Sorry couldnt help but reply....LOL

Feb 27, 2009
Oldham, Manchester
This is going to end with my humiliation on the gold board isnt it :).
What i had in mind was essentailly removing the Lenses from a digicam and fitting it into my goggles with wires running back to the camera as a bridge so the camera can still record. I wanted to know if its possible to do it with a digital camera or would there be interfacing problems.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
This is going to end with my humiliation on the gold board isnt it :).
What i had in mind was essentailly removing the Lenses from a digicam and fitting it into my goggles with wires running back to the camera as a bridge so the camera can still record. I wanted to know if its possible to do it with a digital camera or would there be interfacing problems.
now don't go getting all technical on us.:)

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
Basically the lens and sensor are separated in order to focus the image onto the sensor. The wiring has to supply power to the sensor and return the image signal back...too many wires, no control over exposure, weight of batteries and the rest of the recording gear= not much benefit after wrecking a camera and no buttons to control it either...
Id say forget it and go on to plan B...you do have a plan B don't you???? LOL