Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

can you use vasaline as lube?

yorgie

Yorgie for Mod '07
Jun 2, 2006
Surrey
NO goddamnit! get some lube, GET SHOCKER LUBE, it's only about £2 a tube, IT WONT BREAK THE BANK, and it wont break your marker!!! :mad:

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
I think it eats into the O-Rings, so no. But don't hold me to that, wait untill someone can confirm that or just kick me in the nuts.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
guy who i got my old cocker of used to use a 50/50 mix of vasaline+dow33

never tried it myself so cant vouch for it but he seemed to like it

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
Strawb on here (steve) was using evolve grease on his Eion (egoframe/ion conversion) and was having trouble achieving certain velocitys with consistency and out of curiosity he used some petroleum jelly on the bolt to see how it would work and it completely transformed his gun, shoots sweet as anything.
I have a giant tub of morrisons (no not the supermarket) petroleum jelly which is used in industry specificaly for pnuematic applications which is what he used, it appears to be a slightly different consistency than vas.
I dont think there is anything wrong with using petroleum jelly atall so long as you lube it more regularly because it does tend to thin out a little quicker than other lubes.
tbh you could use thin oil on the orings of a spool valve marker and it would run far sweeter than with these thick greases, you would just have to lube it after every days play.
I would pm strawb and ask him how hes getting on.

PS: vas works brilliantly in regs regaurdless.

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Seems to be working well so far, although i've only been using petroleum jelly a couple of weeks.

Compared to Evolve grease i can run at almost half the dwell and where as the marker stopped cycling below 135psi before it now shoots at under 100psi (Will be ideal for reballs as i couldn't get velocity below 250fps before, now i can get under 200fps if needed).

This is some that i got off ollie, not sure if vasoline is the same though.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
think i might get some slick honey for my matrix lots of the americans swear by it